2010 Tour of Turkey 2HC

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
TRDean said:
Thanks...I think...sorry for van Hummel. I think he is a very good sprinter...with a weak team...maybe I am just jaded eh?

Hummel is good but no match for Greipel to begin with, but in a sprint with this field Skil shouldn't have been pushed away so easily. Let's hope they'll get it right somewhere this week.

Aug 18, 2009
Good ride from Greipel today. Quite capable of leading these flat stage races, which undermines Cav's insinuation (when he said he can't hold wheels) that he's incompetent. The finale wasn't flat today and he coped fine, won that uphill sprint in Algarve also, I believe, so that's obviously something that's within his capability. Covered that attack by Visconti pretty sharply, too. The one from Taaramae could have stuck, though. Maybe Taaramae will be the one to take the overall, having recorded a handy time in the prologue. I hope ISD-Neri get something out of this race, because Lampre's place at the Giro could become free, and they'd be a decent addition, particularly with the self-proclaimed third best climber in the world. They may need the exposure just to keep the team going, too.

Sep 21, 2009
That was fun, a more competitive finish than I expected.

Interesting to see the other, arguably less experienced (except Liquigas) teams, being able to mess with the mighty HTC train to some extent rather than just letting them drag the peloton to a predictable finish as we have seen so often before. The reason I admire Greipel as a sprinter is for having the power and the initiative to get himself the win even if the lead-out isn't perfect.

So, think that's:
Greipel - 7
Cav - 1

Mar 11, 2009
Ferminal said:
Yeh, despite the ridiculously distorted profile, it still seems as though there are few flat bits.

I thought it was pretty hilly =/
Profile should be more like this:
if0okp.jpg

Mar 11, 2009
45km to go and the break of the day has been caught, but there are attacks going off all over the place and the peloton has been much reduced.

Mar 11, 2009
Taaramae is having another go off the front on a short climb, taking four or five with him. Columbia has lost control of the front of the peloton.