• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Volta ao Algarve

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Can't find the video on eurosport if anyone can be so kind....but then again, I can't find the ketchup in the fridge despite it being a giant red bottle.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
From Team Radio Shack's write up of the Stage 1:

Every other article/summary I've seen of the stage seemed to suggest that Vaugrenard attacked after the peloton sucked AC back in, not that Vaugrenard personally rode him down. They really hate them some AC over at Radio Shack.

LOL@ Radio Shack forum(I guess we can expect that kind of comment every time Contador doesn't win a stage/race this year, but I also predict that it will all stop in July). I guess Vaugrenard rolled over the Radio Shack team too :D

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:

Thanks, well it feels like the season has started now. The photos of Lance will no linger needing a zapruder level of pixel breakdown to help pass the time,

cldnt figure out that russia feed eurosprt2 to save my life. But one of the tennis players was ochinb haroshow.

ambien nd hiccups means time for bed

Looked like a fun stage, the last 30mins would have been a good watch.

Ridiculous how we get 12mins highlights package, whilst in Oman we are getting a 30min tour guide package 24hr in delay. Not sure I can keep up with the handbag throwing in the gulf much longer...

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
ravens said:
cldnt figure out that russia feed eurosprt2 to save my life. But one of the tennis players was ochinb haroshow.
I gave Steve at Steep Hill the info before I posted it here. I'm sure he'll update it daily. But if you ever need to find something else on Eurosport 2, it basically records things as it streams live. You can select dates below the video screen, and use the back arrow at the bottom to go to earlier programming. As you click the back arrow, you can see the time bar on the right back up. Cheers.

Now, in Algarve, with about 60 km to go, a trio with David Vitoria, Jeremy Hunt and Julien Fouchard is far away from the peloton, with a gap of about 10'. Between them and the peloton, Jerome Baugnies and Michael Golas. [[source: the live of JornalCiclismo]]

My bet for the win is David Vitoria...

Bike Boy said:
where can I find live updates?

I think Vitoria was caught.
http://jornalciclismo.com/directo-da-2%C2%AA-etapa-da-volta-ao-algarve-2

EDIT: Apparently there was a ramp about 200M from the finish and it killed him. Greipel got the victory (good on him for maintaining contact with the peloton over the climbs). Sounds like a really hard day in the saddle, with an even harder one tomorrow.

Greipel takes the yellow jersey.

Greipel is a beast ;)
Most of the people think that he has no chance over the climbs, but he powers over short climbs really well, better than a lot of other sprinters.

Classificação Etapa
1º André Greipel (Team HTC-Columbia), 6h06m39s
2º Jurgen Roelandts (Omega Pharma-Lotto), mt
3º Samuel Sánchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi), a 4s
4º Bjorn Leukemens (Vacansoleil), a 6s
5º José Joaquín Rojas (Caisse D'Epargne), mt
6º Joaquín Rodríguez (Katusha), mt
7º Johan Coenen (Topsport), mt
8º Benoît Vaugrenard (Française des Jeux), mt
9º Francesco Reda (Quick Step), mt
10º Tiago Machado (RadioShack), mt

Sammy Sanchez finished 3rd, which I think gives him a time bonus over the rest of the GC contenders--which is huge given the course (there won't be (or shouldn't be) huge time gaps tomorrow and the TT course is flat and relatively short).

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I think Vitoria was caught.
http://jornalciclismo.com/directo-da-2%C2%AA-etapa-da-volta-ao-algarve-2

EDIT: Apparently there was a ramp about 200M from the finish and it killed him. Greipel got the victory (good on him for maintaining contact with the peloton over the climbs). Sounds like a really hard day in the saddle, with an even harder one tomorrow.

Greipel takes the yellow jersey.

cineteq said:

Thanks. Not as good as tv coverage, but this is the first race with AC of the season so you have to follow as close as possible.

Greipel is just amazing don't know what else to say.

I don't want to read too much into this, but AC basically finished alone with nearest team 21 seconds behind him. I don't know if that was a function of them burning up their legs bringing back the break or just overall weakness, but for comparison, I believe Team Radio Shack had 4 guys come in at the same time (Rast, LL, Kloden and Tiago M) as AC. Just something to think about.