• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Tour de France Stage 6: Dinan - Lisieux, 226.5 km

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
LONG DAY!

Another stage for Gilbert/Voeckler type men. Evans will probably lose the polka-dot to a breakaway man. Could Hushovd get his stage win here?

Jerseys:

Yellow: Hushovd
Green: Gilbert
Polka: Evans
White: Thomas

Map:

CARTE.gif

Profile:

PROFIL.gif

Last kms:

PROFILKMS.jpg

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hushovd is in good form, could be a stage for him. EBH showed a nice kick today, better timing tomorrow? Rojas might win a stage sooner or later. And there's always Gilbert of course.

Quite a strong south-westerly wind tomorrow - therefore a cross/tail-wind. Looking further ahead it looks like being a true crosswind for Friday's stage although the wind should have eased a touch by that time.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Gilbert type day

Evans will be top 10 not sure why he is sprinting was today?

Whats up with Goss ?

Thor will he keep yellow ?

Will Rojas get enough combined points to take back green.

Which GC guy gets the back luck ?

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
not too easy for him: Hushovd and Rohas should be with him in the last km...

I think that Gilber can win only if he go avay before the last km...or hoping that Hushovd and Rojas are not with him

Agree with all of that - it doesn't look tough enough for Gilbert to distance Hushovd, Rojas, Eddie Bos etc - although he finished 2nd in today's sprint I'd say that the named riders would expect to beat him if it came to a reduced bunch sprint.

Saying all that I think a breakaway may stay clear - Johnny Hoogerland FTW.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Connor Pass said:
Agree with all of that - it doesn't look tough enough for Gilbert to distance Hushovd, Rojas, Eddie Bos etc - although he finished 2nd in today's sprint I'd say that the named riders would expect to beat him if it came to a reduced bunch sprint.

Saying all that I think a breakaway may stay clear - Johnny Hoogerland FTW.

Obviously the break could work, but I think Thor and Garmin want to keep the jersey till Super Besse, and this may be Thor's best bet to get himself a stage win.

The early breakaways have been caught fairly early so far this Tour, I guess when the peloton picks up the pace for the intermediate it's a side effect.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
That hill is a little less than 6% I think but should rule out traditional sprint trains again.

Hushovd/Gilbert/Rojas but even Cav if he can get up it ok.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Tuarts said:
That hill is a little less than 6% I think but should rule out traditional sprint trains again.

Hushovd/Gilbert/Rojas but even Cav if he can get up it ok.

yeah, Hushovd and Rojas should be fine, but I'm not too sure about Cav. Gilbert could possibly outsprint Hushovd and Rojas because he'll have more energy left after the climb than they will.

TRENDING THREADS