• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Vuelta a Espana Stage 10: Salamanca ITT, 47km (28/9)

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind it at all if fuglsang does well. I expect him to burst out on the scene this vuelta. Luckily Kelly is back, at least he can pronounce his name unlike some scottish:rolleyes:

hrotha said:
You got a good glimpse of what would happen when Purito refused to let Mollema go for like half a minute, like any rider in his situation would have done, and he got called a cheater and scum.

I thought people were just being sarcastic when they said that.

He didn't look at all close enough to gain an advantage. Apart from as someone to pace himself against.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I think J-Rod is out of it, there is only one short sharp climb where he can blow the rest away. I think he will continue to fade at the end of the 10km+ slopes.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nibali is the red hot favorite now for sure, but he didn't impress me uphill (as in not at all). I still need to see it happen and actually find it a lot more likely that another rider will win (as in Nibali versus the rest).

So let's not give up on the Mollemas of this world just yet :)

auscyclefan94 said:
Don't be a tool, it does sometimes happen in other races but it is not a cool thing to do. It is an INDIVIDUAL time trial
First off, don't go around calling people "tool". You could get a lot worse.

Secondly, my point is that he didn't do anything. He wasn't on Mollema's wheel. He was at a reasonable distance practically from the beginning. It's like complaining about Mollema getting on Purito's wheel before passing him - and he did get closer than Purito did afterwards, like, he was actually *on* Purito's wheel.
luckyboy said:
I thought people were just being sarcastic when they said that.

He didn't look at all close enough to gain an advantage. Apart from as someone to pace himself against.
And yet here I am, arguing with people who think otherwise. :eek:

Jamsque said:
Tactically it would seem the thing for Sky to do in the mountains is attack with Wiggins and have Froome follow wheels. I do wonder how Wiggo's ego will react to being asked to take a supporting role, though.

They'll just both follow wheels/ride like yesterday, and leadership will be decided when one of them cracks, with the hope that neither does.

There's no way they'll switch leadership on a 20 second gap.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
JRod looked strangely happy when he got on the podium to get the green jersey. Didn't look disappointed at all.

Kevin Sealdryer around +5.20 and out of the top 20 in GC, ugh.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
just some guy said:
Nothing like last years race when GVA waited for Gilbert and they did a 2 man TTT for a few km´s.

J-rod did not to get people knickers all tied up
well i didn't watch the tt last year.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
the constant Spanish negative / cheaters thing is quite annoying imo.

Firstly I haven't said that for ages & secondly I only have ever meant it as a joke having fun with posters who support such riders. Those posters have only ever taken it as a bit of fun.

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

interesting stage, Froome doing about as well as he could have done (w.r.t. Martin), Wiggo probably 30ish seconds slower than he could have been, Nibbles doing roughly as well as I would have thought, Purito better than expected, Kess better than I would have thought, Birdsong better too.

Makes everything interesting! Good result for Tezm Sky

roundabout said:
Maybe it's his shoulder? Schleck had a problem in the TT position last year after his collarbone break so it could be the same?

Maybe he is getting tired.
He hasn't really done a very good long TT in, what, three years? Maybe we should consider him a pure climber, and for a pure climber he actually did a pretty decent TT. Better than Rodriguez and Martin, for instance.

Wat a race this is turning into. Wiggins not making massive gains on an ideal time trial, yet the day before making time on Nibali, Rodriguez and VDB. It is so unpredictable. Chapeau to Froome also. I get the feeling the rest day has come at the right time for Wiggins. It may be one of those crazy races now, where we see people cracking who we dont expect. Wednesday should be superb. It really is so tough to call.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

Yeah. Even more annoying than usual, and that's saying something.

Jamsque said:
Tactically it would seem the thing for Sky to do in the mountains is attack with Wiggins and have Froome follow wheels. I do wonder how Wiggo's ego will react to being asked to take a supporting role, though.

Will he? Agree to take a supporting role, I mean. I wonder. If he does he sure won't be happy about it.

TRENDING THREADS