• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Vuelta a Espana, Stage 21: Circuito del Jarama - Madrid, 94km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Descender said:
Mollema showing again he's a second-tier rider, not even able to podium in a GT full of exhausted favourites...

I kid I kid. Good boy Bauke. ;)

when there is no strong guy.. the field is weak.. when strong guys are in the race.. they are tired so the field is weak...

como on guys.. this vuelta had a great field and cobo win a great vuelta. if they are tired or bad trained.. this make part of the game...

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Apparently Cobo was talked out of retiring before this season - he was planning to become either an electrician or a cook - having decided that cycling was no longer his passion. I imagine those plans will now be put off indefinitely, and a sizable new contract will ensue, along with new passion.

Descender said:
Mollema showing again he's a second-tier rider, not even able to podium in a GT full of exhausted favourites...

I kid I kid. Good boy Bauke. ;)
You do realise the points jersey winner will be celebrated on the podium with the other jersey winners? ;)

So even as a joke, you make a fool out of yourself, technically he did end on the podium!
Plus, Mollema did the entire Tour you know?

Spine Concept said:
It was an attempt at baiting to be fair, and it worked.

Baiting? He even added "kidding wink smiley wink wink wink smiley". And still people react.. some with a smile, but D_T actually made a serious reply. Sure there is a smiley, but he just couldn't hold back to an incredibly super obvious troll which the poster clearly pointed out as well. How can you possibly fall for such a bait? :)

Anyways nice by Mollema. 4th in gc and the green jersey! Great work!

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Disagree. IMO they're all winners .

Of course. Who says it has to consist of winners and losers? Maybe "demonstration" would be a better word. But if you don't think it would be fun to watch, that's cool.

Kwibus said:
Baiting? He even added "kidding wink smiley wink wink wink smiley". And still people react.. some with a smile, but D_T actually made a serious reply. Sure there is a smiley, but he just couldn't hold back to an incredibly super obvious troll which the poster clearly pointed out as well. How can you possibly fall for such a bait? :)

Anyways nice by Mollema. 4th in gc and the green jersey! Great work!

So what? I can make such ''jokes'' all day long about Evans and it would cause havoc in here, especially with the fanboys. Believe what you want, it's clear to me. Heck I could take a dig at any rider I dislike as long as I put a "kidding wink smiley wink wink wink smiley" in there right?

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You do realise the points jersey winner will be celebrated on the podium with the other jersey winners? ;)

So even as a joke, you make a fool out of yourself, technically he did end on the podium!
Plus, Mollema did the entire Tour you know?

So it's true what they say about the Dutch and sense of humour... (EDIT: not serious either, don't bite! :D)

Needless to say, I'll go on with the teasing as long as you keep falling for it.

Descender said:
So it's true what they say about the Dutch and sense of humour...

Needless to say, I'll go on with the teasing as long as you keep falling for it.
Nah, you just don't get it. If you were correct, then it was a great joke and I wouldn't have baited. But now Mollema has won the points jersey the joke is technically incorrect. Because jersey winners get on the final podium.. so the joke fails.

TRENDING THREADS