• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 ENECO Tour Stage4; 213.3 KM

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why can't they just start with a prologue in Lux, then a hilly Lux -> Limburg. 3rd stage could be a flat stage in Holland going west to the coast. 4th to be a short time trial. 5th to be a cobble stage. 6th to be a flat stage. And the final stage to be a hilly ardennes stage :)

Kwibus said:
I agree the CN forum is very negative and cynical, but imo the Eneco Tour really deserves it. I'm dutch so I really would like this race.

Hey, you are, of course, in every right to have an opinion of a race. But without even watching a second of it and then complaining.. That's hilarious.. Yes, it's very.. CN-ish.

DominicDecoco said:
Hey, you are, of course, in every right to have an opinion of a race. But without even watching a second of it and then complaining.. That's hilarious.. Yes, it's very.. CN-ish.

Sir, I have watched the windy stage(were despite attempts nothing happened) and I've watched the past 2 years.
Even if they try to make it a race it's bloody hard because the course usually makes sure it will end up in a bunch sprint.
Actually I've defended this race the last 2 years, but the reality is that there will be just 1 semi selective stage again this year. That's what's my critism is about and I'm pretty confident I will be right.

The problem is that there is plenty of opportunity to make it a good race, but they refuse to use it.

Kwibus said:
Sir, I have watched the windy stage(were despite attempts nothing happened) and I've watched the past 2 years.
Even if they try to make it a race it's bloody hard because the course usually makes sure it will end up in a bunch sprint.
Actually I've defended this race the last 2 years, but the reality is that there will be just 1 semi selective stage again this year. That's what's my critism is about and I'm pretty confident I will be right.

The problem is that there is plenty of opportunity to make it a good race, but they refuse to use it.

It was more aimed at Elpisto's reply, though.

And it's not the fact that it's p'iss poor race so far - it is. It's just the mentality to throw out negatives just to do it. "Complaining about this race is still better than watching it" - what kind of sad statement is that..? That's exactly why this place can be unbearable at times.

DominicDecoco said:
It was more aimed at Elpisto's reply, though.

And it's not the fact that it's p'iss poor race so far - it is. It's just the mentality to throw out negatives just to do it. "Complaining about this race is still better than watching it" - what kind of sad statement is that..? That's exactly why this place can be unbearable at times.

Ehm yeh I definately have to agree with you on this :D

Screw you, thomsen. Of course the irony of you whinging about other people whinging has gone over your head.

The race sucks. Why not complain and hope that we may be heard and something may change, instead of accepting it like sheeple (just as you do).

Why the **** can't I watch Pais Vasco on TV, but have a chance to see this crap kermesse? Of course it doesn't work like that, but if it's one race on TV that I can watch that I won't miss, then this is it.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
Screw you, thomsen. Of course the irony of you whinging about other people whinging has gone over your head.

The race sucks. Why not complain and hope that we may be heard and something may change, instead of accepting it like sheeple (just as you do).

Why the **** can't I watch Pais Vasco on TV, but have a chance to see this crap kermesse? Of course it doesn't work like that, but if it's one race on TV that I can watch that I won't miss, then this is it.

Spot on, its absolute crap to miss out on a awesome mountain races and instead get this boring crap..

roundabout said:

Accepting it? I just called it a p'iss poor race. All I did was finding it amusing, sad and very CN-ish to complain about something you haven't watched and find it more important to complain for the sake of complaining than to actually watch the race itself.

And you don't have make insults to make a point, thank you very much.

DominicDecoco said:
Accepting it? I just called it a p'iss poor race. All I did was finding it amusing, sad and very CN-ish to complain about something you haven't watched and find it more important to complain for the sake of complaining than to actually watch the race itself.

And you don't have make insults to make a point, thank you very much.

Oh, right. How dare people air their opinions. Even those that you seem to agree with.

And since you seem to agree that this is an awful race, I would guess that you are complaining about other people complaining also just for the sake of it. Right?

roundabout said:
Oh, right. How dare people air their opinions. Even those that you seem to agree with.

And since you seem to agree that this is an awful race, I would guess that you are complaining about other people complaining also just for the sake of it. Right?

Qoute me saying you are not entitled to have an opinion.

And for the third time.. This was what I was finding as a strange view to have: "Complaining about this race is still better than watching it"

That's all.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Anyway...

After today's stage we have:

Eneco jersey
1 Tom Boonen OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP 15:26:06.
2 Jens Keukeleire ORICA-GREENEDGE 0:00:01.
3 Sylvain Chavanel OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP 0:00:02.
4 Niki Terpstra OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP 0:00:02
5 Alexander Kristoff KATUSHA TEAM 0:00:03.
6 Lars Boom RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM 0:00:04.
7 Sebastian Langeveld ORICA-GREENEDGE 0:00:06.
8 Luke Durbridge ORICA-GREENEDGE 0:00:06.
9 Jens Mouris ORICA-GREENEDGE 0:00:06.
10 Svein Tuft ORICA-GREENEDGE 0:00:06.

Lotto points classification
1 Marcel Kittel ARGOS-SHIMANO 60
2 Heinrich Haussler GARMIN-BARRACUDA 56
3 Theo Bos RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM 41
4 Michael Van Staeyen TOPSPORT VLAANDEREN - MERCATOR 37
5 Jacopo Guarnieri ASTANA PRO TEAM 34
6 Giacomo Nizzolo RADIOSHACK-NISSAN 32
7 Alexander Kristoff KATUSHA TEAM 28
8 Arnaud Demare FDJ-BIG MAT 25
9 John Degenkolb ARGOS-SHIMANO 25
10 Jurgen Roelandts LOTTO BELISOL TEAM 25

Primus jersey
1 Laurens De Vreese TOPSPORT VLAANDEREN - MERCATOR 32
2 Gert Dockx LOTTO BELISOL TEAM 25
3 Boris Shpilevsky AG2R LA MONDIALE 21
4 James Vanlandschoot ACCENT JOBS - WILLEMS VERANDA'S 20
5 Matteo Bono LAMPRE - ISD 18
6 Pablo Urtasun Perez EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI 17
7 Adrian Saez EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI 17
8 Alex Dowsett SKY PROCYCLING 16
9 Staf Scheirlinckx ACCENT JOBS - WILLEMS VERANDA'S 13
10 Arnoud Van Groen ACCENT JOBS - WILLEMS VERANDA'S 11

We still have a very close race, so all sprints need to be contested if want to win it.

I know there are no major mountains for you mountain/hill fans but I like that there are races that also are for the flatlanders for them to have their day at the head of the race. Small differences in time, well that's how it goes, one foul up (loss of concentration/time) and they're out of contention in a few seconds.

Now off to stage 5!

TRENDING THREADS