• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro Di Lombardia 29/09/2012

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he crashed and was already dropped. why would he continue

He had come back, and wasn't that far back on the climb from the front group. And he didn't have anything broken just a couple bruises apparently.

SafeBet said:
Wait.
I just said Lelangue, interviewd by Rai, stated that he wasn't injured and that he was more scared than sore.

I hope he exited for more of a reason than he was scared, I guess we will have to wait and here what he has to say about it.

SafeBet said:
Wait.
I just said Lelangue, interviewd by Rai, stated that he wasn't injured and that he was more scared than sore.
if you have a bad feeling, you honour it...

Gilbert didn't need this race. he's already redeemed his season with the Worlds. leave him be!

(eta: that was more to Afrank than you, sorry.)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
There were many people dropped on Sormano that came back.

yes but you don't really think he would've had a chance after that right? lol. he was 20th guy over the murro and the first 5 todya over final climb were all in first 5 over murro as well.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Rain favours the risktaker which in Contadors case was him as the guy chasing and with nothing to lose. Purito was defending.

Today though Purito was just as willing to take risks.

contador did absolutely zeor in trying to get puri back after the climb. he didn't help the skys at all. not saying that he had to but he really can't throw it out the way it is

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
thirteen said:
if you have a bad feeling, you honour it...

Gilbert didn't need this race. he's already redeemed his season with the Worlds. leave him be!

(eta: that was more to Afrank than you, sorry.)

Still I'm not sure just having a bad feeling is reason enough to exit a race, especially when your the top favorite to win it.

And I'm not really picking on him, just wondering what the specific reason for his exit was.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Purito just said that Gilbert had caught and passed the whole front group before crashing.
Sorry if this was posted before but I didn't know it.

Ryo Hazuki said:
yes but you don't really think he would've had a chance after that right? lol. he was 20th guy over the murro and the first 5 todya over final climb were all in first 5 over murro as well.

Seems to me like he would've bossed this race without the crash. ;)

Anyway that's cycling, Purito won deserving, end of story.

Ryo Hazuki said:
contador did absolutely zeor in trying to get puri back after the climb. he didn't help the skys at all. not saying that he had to but he really can't throw it out the way it is

Yeah, Contador did nothing today. If it wasnt for his rep people wouldnt even have realised he was there.

Red Rick said:
I'm curious about what Contador said after the race

Apparently he talked about how he feels happy with his form post comeback and said thanks to the fans.

El Pistolero said:
Seems to me like he would've bossed this race without the crash. ;)

Anyway that's cycling, Purito won deserving, end of story.

You act as if Gilbert crash was some random accident that had nothing to do with the race.

Gilbert crashed because he was dropped. Everyone in the peloton was having a nice descent. Gilbert meanwhile was way back and needed to catch up so he started taking risks.

And thats the thing with taking risks. Sometimes you can make up time lost on a climb. But the flip side is you can crash.

If he had been able to stick with the favorites and not get dropped like a stone, then he could have had a easy descent and a chance to "boss the race" as you say.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So what's your logic about Phil leaving everyone behind in the descent after he caught up? ;)

He crashed because of the rain. Not because of your silly way of thinking.

El Pistolero said:
So what's your logic about Phil leaving everyone behind in the descent after he caught up? ;)

He crashed because of the rain. Not because of your silly way of thinking.

I remember when Nibali crashed in 2010 how happy you were and proudly shouting that descending is part of the sport and that phil is a far better descender than nibali.

But now that Phil crashes, you act as if crashing is an act of god.

Phil crashed trying to catch up.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I remember when Nibali crashed in 2010 how happy you were and proudly shouting that descending is part of the sport and that phil is a far better descender than nibali.

But now that Phil crashes, you act as if crashing is an act of god.

I'm still saying descending is part of the sport and that Rodriguez win was deserving lol. And yeah, Phil's a better descender. He weights more, so goes down faster.

Rain isn't caused by God though. ;)

tonnin-seteli-kummeli-gif-blink-vwutzv.gif

bickering: amused [ ] not amused [x]

TRENDING THREADS