• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro Di Lombardia 29/09/2012

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
BMC had a unlucky day

A3-U9yeCUAA8kbK.jpg:large

Alessandro Ballan @aleballan79
I was very lucky today in the crash. I got very scared but nothing serious! Thank you all!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Yeah,that is very impressive!Its a pity that Nairo didnt finish even better,but these flat parts in this race are really annoying for rider like him(and spectators:D)

still he amazed me so much in these terrible conditions and holding on in downhil without much problem/ the race doesn't really suit him at all. amazing really

And the Colombian armada responded!!!

Full Results
# Rider Name (Country) Team Result
1 Joaquin Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Katusha Team 6:36:27
2 Samue Sanchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:00:09
3 Rigoberto Uran Uran (Col) Sky Procycling
4 Mauro Santambrogio (Ita) BMC Racing Team
5 Sergio Lui Henao Montoya (Col) Sky Procycling
6 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Sharp
7 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team
8 Oliver Zaugg (Swi) Radioshack-Nissan
9 Albert Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo Bank / Tinkoff Bank
10 Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe) Astana Pro Team
11 Nairo Alex Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team
12 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
13 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre - ISD 0:00:35
14 Alexandr Kolobnev (Rus) Katusha Team 0:00:57
15 Simon Clarke (Aus) Orica GreenEdge
16 Daniel Martin (Irl) Garmin - Sharp 0:01:23
17 Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team 0:01:25
18 Jean Christophe Peraud (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
19 Matteo Rabottini (Ita) Farnese Vini - Selle Italia
20 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Acqua & Sapone
21 Fabio An Duarte Arevalo (Col) Colombia - Coldeportes
22 Tomasz Marczynski (Pol) Vacansoleil-Dcm Pro Cycling Team
23 Miguel An Rubiano Chavez (Col) Androni Giocattoli
24 Carlos A. Betancur Gomez (Col) Acqua & Sapone
25 Winner Anacona Gomez (Col) Lampre - ISD
26 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:01:30
27 Gor Verdugo Marcotegui (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
28 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:01:50
29 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:02:10
30 Dario Cataldo (Ita) Omega Pharma-Quickstep 0:02:14

I think the weather did not help Carlos Betancur too much. He was stretching his legs a lot.

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The seven members of Colombia's worlds team. I was most surprised/impressed by Quintana (I didn't think he was really suited to this race, unlike Uran and Henao).

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
And the Colombian armada responded!!!

I think the weather did not help Carlos Betancur too much. He was stretching his legs a lot.

nothing to do with the weather. he already had cramps in milano torino. don't know what is wrong with him. seemed to have the same problems today

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
A3-Mh4xCMAA8Jo6.jpg

PHILIPPE GILBERT ‏@Phil_Gilbert1
So nice crash for me! I think a 9,5 on 10 then i was ko with the cold. 6 guys from bmc crashed today....the must important nothing broken!
1st race and blood, sweat, rain, and mud on the rainbow jersey... can't wait for the Classics! so good to have a Belgian back in the jersey

Escarabajo said:
On top of Muro di Sormano. Only a small group at the front. Maybe a wasted climb that far out.

200-PIC312238338.jpg

Ofcourse not as much of an impact as it would have 10k from the finish, but it sure as hell makes an selection. Some riders like Ten Dam for example who were over a minute behind at the top of the Sormano, but returned to the bunch atleast 20 minutes later are allready out of contention. Not that Ten Dam would ever be in contention, but just an example.

I was more amazed by the absolute snoozefest on the Ghisallo. It's not hard enough and very far from the finish.

Ryo Hazuki said:
still he amazed me so much in these terrible conditions and holding on in downhil without much problem/ the race doesn't really suit him at all. amazing really

Quintana is a just an amazing talent. Too bad he suffered from the heat in the first week of the Vuelta else he would've been in the top of the GC of the Vuelta as well.
I was amazed he did so well today. The first time I've seen him race an 260km race and directly among the best. Respect.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
Very true.What do you think about his next years schedule?
I think he will do Tour and Vuelta,in Tour as superdomestique and Vuelta as protected I hope,but it all depends on Alejandro and Unzue.He should do week stage race as leader - like Costa did in Suisse with Valverdes protection.Maybe Nice,Vasco or something around Classics time where Alejandro is a leader.He has a big chance to win.

TRENDING THREADS