• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro d'Italia, May 11th, Stage 6: Urbino - Porto Sant'Elpidio 207km

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
hatcher said:
Really? Ask them how good a keeper Messi is, or how good a pitcher Albert Pujols is.

I think its because our World Championship is based on a one day event where the World Series for Baseball could go up to 7 games.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Would they see Messi in goal, or Pujols pitching in 50% of the games they watch?

Not really the point. They're on the same pitch/field at the same time, playing the same game.

I refuse to believe anyone who follows sport is unaware that people are good at different things!

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hatcher said:
Not really the point. They're on the same pitch/field at the same time, playing the same game.

I refuse to believe anyone who follows sport is unaware that people are good at different things!

I know a lot of people who don't understand why Cavendish can't win the Tour. ;) Even Belgians.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
This must have been one boring stage

Obviously. The only interesting thing was the battle for the maglia rosa in the last few kms.

This Giro has been incredibly lame, but what do you expect if you put the only decisive GC stages in the last week.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Geraint Too Fast said:
Well Cav did better than his predecessor today... ;)

+1 And for the record just how many times did we see last years WC cross the line with his hands in the air? And for that matter the previous WC as well.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
hatcher said:

You'd be surprised.
Anyway, my point was that cycling is different from almost every other sport, if for nothing else - for the fact that in other sports people play only roles/positions that they are good at.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Boardslide said:
+1 And for the record just how many times did we see last years WC cross the line with his hands in the air? And for that matter the previous WC as well.

Well, since we are here talking about casual cycling fans or non-fans, they probably only follow TDF, and Thor did very well there last year

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Boardslide said:

Hushovd's Tour performance was better than anything I've seen so far from Cavendish this season.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:
Not a particularly bold statement, considering it's early May. And unless your name's Boonen, Wiggins or Nibali, you could say that about every rider in the peloton.

It was also better than Cav's Tour last year.

My point was: it's not just about winning, but also how you win a race.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
This Giro has been incredibly lame, but what do you expect if you put the only decisive GC stages in the last week.

I don't think many of the riders would agree with you there

Daryl Impey ‏ @darylimpey

Man they need to redo the profiles in the race. If today was that hard, I'm scared for what's coming up

Robbie Hunter ‏ @RobbieHunter

Two words: Filthy & unnecessary !! What a day

Matt Goss ‏ @mattgoss1986

Great ride by @darylimpey 7th in a brutal stage of the giro

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Boardslide said:

Man they need to redo the profiles in the race. If today was that hard, I'm scared for what's coming up

I don't think I agree with you calling Robbie Hunter, Daryl Impey and Matt Goss GC contenders :rolleyes:

I didn't say the route was easy, I said the Giro has been lame so far. Nobody wants to race now because they're scared of what's still to come.

Boardslide said:

@stefclement

This stage ranks high in my top-10 hardest races. From start to finish steep long and short climbs. Had to let go 50km to go. It's on #giro

TRENDING THREADS