• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro d'Italia; May 16th; Stage 11: Assisi - Montecatini Terme (255km)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Pure class that man. Pure class.

However, I don't think he blamed Thomas for the crash as much as for not avoiding it, and slowing him (Cav) down

Seems a bit stupid to say it in public, but there's some truth there for sure. It's either this or whenever someone says "Why didn't you win?" he just mumbles something non-committal. He did also put it down to inexperience in part. I don't understand why Thomas is a lead-out man. He is physically fantastic, but he doesn't seem to have the same kind of instinct in the sprint as someone like Renshaw did for Cav.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Cav is being honest again, and I don't know why people here object. I would far rather hear his real opinions than some sanitised rubbish. If your lead-out man takes his foot out of the pedal on the final corner, then it is fair to say he has made a mistake.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
CobbleStoner said:
he only wins when he takes big risks, today's last turn was a good example

I originally posted my dislike for Ferrari and what I thought Sky should have done in the finale (think Peter Post's Panasonic team) and that Ferrari only wins when he takes big risks.
the Mod edited my post so it looks like I posted something completely different. I did not cuss in my original post and I only pointed out what traditionally has been the method of policing the peloton. if they didn't like my post (or what cycling used to be) why didn't they delete the whole post? instead they look like Fox News, using me as a tool. I don't appreciate that Susan. just delete the whole post next time when I talk about cycling tradition

TRENDING THREADS