• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Glava Tour of Norway 16-19 May, 2.1s

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
kanari said:
1 BOASSON HAGEN Edvald Sky Procycling
2 CLARKE Simon Orica – GreenEdge 00”
3 NORDHAUG Lars Petter Sky Procycling 06”
4 SERRY Pieter Topsport Vlaanderen – Mercator 10”
5 ARMEE Sander Topsport Vlaanderen – Mercator 10”
6 MARZANO Marco Lampre – ISD 10”
7 STORTONI Simone Lampre – ISD 10”
8 FIRSANOV Sergey Rusvelo 10”

Strong race by all of these to distance the peleton up that climb.

Oh and there were really cool pictures of Teklehaimanot being hugged by other Eritrean expats before the start. Let's see if some stills turn up.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
A candidate for cyclingphoto of the year.
Lars_Petter_Nor_105964516x9.jpg
(Photo by Kenneth Zachariassen)

His cap reads 'kjekkas', meaning 'handsome'.

Well done by Sky and EBH, they were super strong in the finale. That is a super effort by him to one day being narrowly beaten by a Pure sprinter and then taking out the next day on a much tougher finish.

Another good day for the GE boys with Clarke showing much of the potential people have been hoping to see from him. He has had a very solid Spring and hoping he can pull off a win sometime soon.

Looking at EBHs sprints he has looked a little sluggish in them which really isn't that surprising. After a longish break from racing getting a sprint up to speed usually takes a little while especially if you are not a pure sprinter. I guess that may also be why his timing has been a little off.

ingsve said:
Looking at EBHs sprints he has looked a little sluggish in them which really isn't that surprising. After a longish break from racing getting a sprint up to speed usually takes a little while especially if you are not a pure sprinter. I guess that may also be why his timing has been a little off.

I think his top end speed has been pretty good actually, or at least very similar to his normal level. His timing has been terrible. He really should have won the 1st and 3rd stage although Kreder was certainly the best on the 2nd. Fortunately it doesn't look like the lost bonus seconds will cost him the GC unless something dramatic happens in the last stage.

JRanton said:
I think his top end speed has been pretty good actually, or at least very similar to his normal level. His timing has been terrible. He really should have won the 1st and 3rd stage although Kreder was certainly the best on the 2nd. Fortunately it doesn't look like the lost bonus seconds will cost him the GC unless something dramatic happens in the last stage.

Normally he at least has a little extra kick when he starts his sprints but from what I've seen that little extra kick is missing in at least a couple of the sprints.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually only Clarke and EBH broke away without Nordhaug, leaving the group with the Lampre & Topsport riders and Nordhaug.

Clarke and EBH cooperated on catching up to Firsanov, then rode away from him, then they kept cooperating on keeping the gap to the Lampre/Topsport/Firsanov/Nordhaug group.

But Clarke was very strong up that climb anyway. He's looking good.

Top 10, stage 5

1 DOWNING Russel Endura Racing
2 CLARKE Simon Orica – GreenEdge
3 VAN DER SANDE Tosh Lotto-Belisol Team
4 DEMPSTER Zakkari Endura Racing
5 KREDER Raymond Garmin-Barracuda
6 BOASSON HAGEN Edvald Sky Procycling
7 VAN ASBROECK Tom Topsport Vlaanderen
8 ISTA Kevyn Accent Jobs – Willems Veranda`s
9 SISKEVICIUS Evaldas La Pomme Marseille
10 COLLI Daniele Team Type 1

Norway really don't wanna let those guys go!
From Millar's twitter:

Tour of Norway keeps getting better. Organisation was supposed to have a bus at the finish to take us to the airport. They forgot. So We got a bus to the airport ourselves. It just ran out of petrol. @DekkerThomas is now hitchhiking. So far two cars have stopped. They asked Thomas, "What about your friends?" He said, "I don't give a ****, I have to get to the airport."
:D

Nielsa said:
Actually only Clarke and EBH broke away without Nordhaug, leaving the group with the Lampre & Topsport riders and Nordhaug.

Clarke and EBH cooperated on catching up to Firsanov, then rode away from him, then they kept cooperating on keeping the gap to the Lampre/Topsport/Firsanov/Nordhaug group.

Thx for correcting me.

Libertine Seguros said:
The only classification not won by Edvald was the GPM, which was won by André Cardoso. Watching the video of yesterday's stage it's a bit strange seeing André on the attack all wrapped up with snow and ice on the roadside. He doesn't see too much of that in Portugal.

oh i didn't even knew andre was racing here :eek:

he should go for the KOM and a stage win at the vuelta as well.