• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Grand Prix Cycliste de Quebec/Montreal

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
what time will the live streams go up for tomorrow? Presentation at 10 and start at 11 is what i've seen. Will there be streams for the whole duration of the race?

A highlight of the start list will undoubtedly be Canada’s Ryder Hesjedal, who leads the US-based Garmin-Sharp team. He became the first Canadian winner of the Giro d’Italia in May and will be the national hero of the two races. His big rivals include on-form fellow Canadian David Veilleux (Team Europcar), who hails from Québec, Slovakia’s Peter Sagan (Liquigas-Cannondale), Spain’s Luis Leon Sanchez (Rabobank), Norway’s Edvald Boasson Hagen (Team Sky) and Veilleux’s teammate Thomas Voeckler

seriously David Veilleux listed as one of the favorites but Rui Costa isn't? CN again with more top notch journalism. .. .

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
AntonioRossi said:
what time will the live streams go up for tomorrow? Presentation at 10 and start at 11 is what i've seen. Will there be streams for the whole duration of the race?

The website has a broadcast schedule:

http://gpcqm.ca/uploads/pdf/Telediffusion-GPCQM-2012.pdf

Past years, the local coverage has included an unrestricted, legal feed in French for the entire race but I'm not sure if this is the same broadcaster?

I think that sportsnet.ca feed is English but might be restricted.

I have to say I found it quite amusing to watch the sprint yesterday. Specifically the goooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sloooooooooooooooooooooow bits, especially the heat with Duggan; He went away clear, rode full throttle to the line and behind him... they hardly moved! :D

theyoungest said:
Kelderman is the odd one out. He's not even mentioned as a team leader by his DS. Martens, Sanchez, and Matthews are (not that they stand a chance on this course, except Martens maybe).
It's hard to win a race if you're not the team leader. :(

the asian said:
Never write of Lu Lu. He's in good form as well.
Montreal is taylor-made for him, à la Gesink two years ago. :)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
Favorites for GPCQ
Sagan
Gerrans
Vanendert
Voeckler
Kelderman
Van Avermaet
Nordhaug

Anyone else?

Nordhaug a bigger favorite than EBH in GPCQ?!

Btw, Montreal circut should suit Nordhaug better than the Quebec circut.

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
I'd say it's the opposite, see theyoungest comment below.

But it's not 250k... Looking at the profiles and considering it's just 200k I believe Nordhaug will have a better chance of winning on the Montreal circut. Gesink won on the Montreal circut 2010. But hey, I might be wrong.:)