• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Grand Prix Cycliste de Quebec/Montreal

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sometimes this sport just makes no sense: Nordhaug burned far more energy than anyone else between 5km and 1 km to go, presumably with the mindset of sacrificing himself to exhaust Sagan for EBH's benefit, dies away, and then outsprints the group...

What's all this tactics about trains and staying out of wind about then?

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
That was a fantastic finish by Nordhaug, certainly the strongest I've ever seen him. I'm not sure it's such a good idea for him to leave Sky where he's been getting stronger every year, but hopefully he can keep it up at Rabo.

And yeah, kind of a dull race, but the last lap was good stuff. Looking forward to Worlds!

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Looks like Rabobank really did find a good Ardennes rider for next year :)

And there's no Breukink to **** it up...what can go wrong?

A) Rabo-virus of falling
B) Rabo-virus of failing
C) Rabo-virus of flailing

Vote now

If they really go for a complete restyle things might change. I hope they will.

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Easy to forget after Nordhaugs amazing effort, but who followed Nordhaug and EBH with ease when they attacked on the climb and then won the sprint for 4th place beating EBH, yeah that's right: Gerrans. Another great race by him. He will be dangerous at the Worlds.

Edit: Mellow Velo beat me to it. :)

Falken said:
Easy to forget after Nordhaugs amazing effort, but who followed Nordhaug and EBH with ease when they attacked on the climb and then won the sprint for 4th place beating EBH, yeah that's right: Gerrans. Another great race by him. He will be dangerous at the Worlds.

Edit: Mellow Velo beat me to it. :)

unfortunately gerrans and costa spent too much time eying each other at the back of the group instead of looking at the actual race. . . .

which takes nothing away from LPN and Moser ofc

Falken said:

True that.
He looked extremely smooth.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Looks like Rabobank really did find a good Ardennes rider for next year :)

And there's no Breukink to **** it up...what can go wrong?

A) Rabo-virus of falling
B) Rabo-virus of failing
C) Rabo-virus of flailing

Vote now
I go for C, Rabo-virus of flailing (whatever that is) :p

I just hope they give him the opportunities he deserves. There are a lot of dutch guys who are at about his level and I'm worried that nationalism will be more important than form when deciding who to ride for...