• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Grand Prix de Wallonie (1.1) 12th September

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Goodness me!
Saur Sojasun have timed this to perfection! A huge surprise!
Absolutely!
Tom Boonen Tom Boonen Tom Boonen
Absolutely!
Tom Boonen where is Tom Boonen
Tom Boonen did not time this to perfection
Saur Sojasun are the big boys today!
They got the timing absolutely right
Absolutely!

Hugo Koblet said:
Really? That seems like a mistake..

Yup. No Julien Simon.

France: Maxime Bouet (Ag2r), Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-Quick Step), Jérôme Coppel (Saur-Sojasun), Mickaël Delage (FDJ-BigMat), Jérémie Galland (Saur-Sojasun), Tony Gallopin (Radioschack-Nissan), Vincent Jérôme (Europcar), Arthur Vichot (FDJ-BigMat) & Thomas Voeckler (Europcar)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
brilleaben said:
What an embarrasment for Tommeke lol, he looked like a beast up until the finale.

Remember which race is the target.

Today they made the race early, he got some good hard kms in. I think he'll be pretty pleased with the outcome today.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Boonen is never going to win on the Valkenburg course.

Yes, but he's going to decide the outcome. Like in Mendrisio, he can force an early selection of outsiders halfway through the race.
That way he'll put the pressure on the Spaniards. Only issue is that most riders will still see him as a big threat, and it'll depend on whether he's allowed to go.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Yes, but he's going to decide the outcome. Like in Mendrisio, he can force an early selection of outsiders halfway through the race.
That way he'll put the pressure on the Spaniards. Only issue is that most riders will still see him as a big threat, and it'll depend on whether he's allowed to go.

no he's not. if boonen will force an attack 150 riders can follow on asphalt hills

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Boonen is never going to win on the Valkenburg course.

I remember that the same was said when Maertens won in '81. Dropped out in every race before the Worlds, but hey he won. ;)

Boonen has been training hard this week, the goal is Valkenburg. I don't believe he can win per se, but he can do much better than most of you guys think lol. Anyway Phil all the way.

Citadel de Namur is 2km at 6% average. Still harder than the Cauberg.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I remember that the same was said when Maertens won in '81. Dropped out in every race before the Worlds, but hey he won. ;)

Boonen has been training hard this week, the goal is Valkenburg. I don't believe he can win per se, but he can do much better than most of you guys think lol. Anyway Phil all the way.

lol @ everything you said

El Pistolero said:

Same finish with a stronger Boonen :(
He is stupid if he thinks he can win it from a sprint.
7CkQ2.png

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Same finish with a stronger Boonen :(
He is stupid if he thinks he can win it from a sprint.
7CkQ2.png

not the same finish at all. but after a meaningless/easy stage of little more than 200 km, or do you think bennatti and orgers will be contenders here also? :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS