• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Andy Schleck confirmed for the Dauphine. Frank will ride Luxembourg and the Tour de Suisse instead.

Think we can rule out Frank riding the Giro then. No way is he going to do Giro - Luxembourg - Suisse - Tour.

Andy could be doing a JROD ( going to Giro then winning stages at the Dauphine ). However i know that is not happening.

In the Taylor Phinney article on CN it says that Blythe and 2 others will be fresh to make attacks in KBK. However in my view that is a waste for Blythe as he has shown good sprinting form and should be the co-leader with GVA ( who should look to attack ). In Mark Renshaws' blog he says he wants to help the strong Classics riders but at G-W, M-SR and KBK he should be their leader right???

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think it was one of Katusha's DS that said he'll walk from Moskou to Paris when Menchov wins the Tour. Could also have been St. Petersburg by the way.

theyoungest said:
Please, no. They should just attack in those races. And maybe go for Matthews/Breschel in MSR, I don't see Renshaw surviving the Poggio.

If Cav survives he should ( Cav in Oman was not that great ) probably because of his crash. They should at least have 3 riders to protect him at M-SR and ride for him in KBK ( Breschel will have his chance at Het Volk ).

Another_Dutch_Guy said:
Today the cours of the next Volta a Catalunya was presented. I really hope they can find the fundings, because the course looks really interesting. See link for the profiles.

On cyclingcols.com you can find more details of the climbs. Like the last climb of stage 2, the awesome MTF of stage 3, the2x challenged last climb of stage 4 and the last climb of stage 5.

Looks good, doesn't it?

Much, much much MUCH, better than last year.

Another_Dutch_Guy said:
Today the cours of the next Volta a Catalunya was presented. I really hope they can find the fundings, because the course looks really interesting. See link for the profiles.

On cyclingcols.com you can find more details of the climbs. Like the last climb of stage 2, the awesome MTF of stage 3, the2x challenged last climb of stage 4 and the last climb of stage 5.

Looks good, doesn't it?

Exaggerated profiles again.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Exaggerated profiles again.

still it's not bad.

stage 1 is not so bad. stage 2 the climb isn't too hard, but could be a decent stage none the less, descending into the finish.
Awesome might be overdoing port-Aine but it should be a good stage still; good that they have 3 decent climbs prior to this.
Also a couple decent stages proceeding this, nothing too difficult but still.

With Wiggins doing P-N and his team riding for him there, the race will be controlled on so many stages. Brajkovic and Menchov will also be 2 other riders who will want to keep the race together ( especially after Menchov on the Mende in the 2010 TDF was not great )

greenedge said:
With Wiggins doing P-N and his team riding for him there, the race will be controlled on so many stages. Brajkovic and Menchov will also be 2 other riders who will want to keep the race together ( especially after Menchov on the Mende in the 2010 TDF was not great )
He finished 10 seconds down on Contador/Purito... I don't see how that's bad. And it's hard to control the race on a climb like the Montee Jalabert, it's just every man for himself.

Wiggins is probably more likely to be in trouble on that climb.