• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tirreno -Adriatico, Stage 3:Indicatore (Ar) - Terni: 178 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
greipel clicked out of his pedal/gear (whatever) which halted him for 1 or 2 seconds which is why he lost. I thougth that was pretty obviosu except for maltiv

No EBH was first across the line which is why he won. Losing places, pedals etc isnt the reason he didnt win. Being poor tactially and being beaten most of the time is why he lost.

maltiv said:
Beating Greipel when he starts the sprint alongside you is pretty damn rare. Greipel's problem is usually his ****ty position. Anyway, I knew EBH is in great shape but didn't think he was in such good sprinting shape too. Will be interesting to see how he goes on the hilly stages, should be a good indication of where he will be in the classics.

Only one thing is 100% certain - there will be some injury or illness that will make him DNS all classics.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: Sagan's climbing, apart from the TDS stage, the other example of his climbing strongly was a stage of the 2011 Giro di Sardegna he won from Cunego and Serpa.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
FignonLeGrand said:
No EBH was first across the line which is why he won. Losing places, pedals etc isnt the reason he didnt win. Being poor tactially and being beaten most of the time is why he lost.

watch the sprint greipel is overtaking ebh hard until he something happens with his bike and he stops for a few seconds.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
taiwan said:
Re: Sagan's climbing, apart from the TDS stage, the other example of his climbing strongly was a stage of the 2011 Giro di Sardegna he won from Cunego and Serpa.

sardegna indeed. I forgot that. he was amazing there

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
A norwegian reporter in Italy told on the phone with norwegian tv that EBH got a message 6k to go that Cav didn't felt well and that he should go for it

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Vicente Reynes is in love with Pozzato:

:p

"amatore!!!"

i'm still reading cav's book:D

indeed probably pozzato is the biggest aszhole in the peloton.also for the guys watching het volk this year,at some point there is a crash right at the back of the peloton in front of pippo,he breaks and then he rages at the poor guy who is standing on the floor.
big talent but also no brainer at all our pipo.

Another grim slog in the sun, along the roads of Chiantishire.
Still, today's average broke the 36 kph barrier.
At these race speeds, they will need torches for tomorrow's finish.

Sky have now successfully tried and tested Milan-San Remo plans "A" and "B".
Andre Greipel seems to have lost his sh*t small race form, too.:rolleyes:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Another grim slog in the sun, along the roads of Chiantishire.
Still, today's average broke the 36 kph barrier.
At these race speeds, they will need torches for tomorrow's finish.

Sky have now successfully tried and tested Milan-San Remo plans "A" and "B".
Andre Greipel seems to have lost his sh*t small race form, too.:rolleyes:

he lost the form at about the same time henderson wasnt in the same races :S i think

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
greipel clicked out of his pedal/gear (whatever) which halted him for 1 or 2 seconds which is why he lost. I thougth that was pretty obviosu except for maltiv

That's BS. Look at the sprint in the highlights-video. http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/4062 Once Greipel goes full blast there's no break of stride. Nothing. But he hardly gains an inch. He just didn't have it in him today.

canyonball said:
From the reports look like he was in bad shape after the crash. The fact he even tried to start is impressive already. Respect.

Couldn't watch stage 2 yet. A lot of riders saying the crash was caused by Van Avarmaet and Tiralongo as they were re-absorbed into the peloton from the break (?). Part of racing, but a shame to see something avoidable like that happening. Mathews' Sanremo went up in smokes.

It's a pity especially as he could have also done well at G-W.

He could try Vattenfalls though and might have a crack for the Olympics.