• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 5: Rouen → Saint-Quentin (196.5km)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Greipel deserves a lot of credit for the win: He really fought to get it. What I don't understand is the ineffectiveness of the Sky Train. Cav's train for Stage 5 wasn't really a bonafide "A No. 1 leadout train worthy of the world champion at the TdF" was it? I know those boys aren't slugs, but their job descriptions probably don't mention riding leadout for the CavMan, except for Eisel anyway, eh? Dave Brailsford blames Mark's miss on his Wednesday injury. Maybe. However, the other day Cav mentioned that he would rather have nobody back there with him (including Eisel) than guys who didn't know WTF they were up to.
So, Cav may be better off alone and freelancing than with a possee who weren't all firing on full-auto, if you know what I mean. But of course I could be all wrong.

Thanks Havetts, i tried another way

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Thibaut Pinot said:
Wow, thanks. I love it that Taaramae is so outspoken. I always use Google Translate to understand what he is saying, but this time it was too hard to understand. Two months ago he promised to write his blog in English, but he's still writing it in Estonian :(

I think he just doesn't have enough time after stages and his English isn't that good, so I think he might need someone to translate his thoughts/words.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
@KarstenKroon yesterday:
That was the easiest day in my life as a pro. I will not tell you the SRM data my friends, it's embarrassing. The Tour is Freaking Hard!

OK then my friends. 139 Watts average. If you try that at home you will fall off your bike. (because you're going to slow not exhaustion..)