• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour of Britain (9th - 16th September)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Good stage, should have had a 3rd circuit of the 'mountain' to sort it out even further!

Happy JTL has taken the leaders jersey. Hope he can keep it now.

Can't see anyone being able to be honest. Plus, JTL knows tomorrow's stage like the back of his hand.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
A good looking race. Tough job keeping the roads clear in densely populated country, but it makes for some good parcours with ever winding roads and some good digs.

Yeh, König wheel sucking it in.:rolleyes:

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
A good looking race. Tough job keeping the roads clear in densely populated country, but it makes for some good parcours with ever winding roads and some good digs.

Yeh, König wheel sucking it in.:rolleyes:

Indeed, thats the biggest issue - particularly with a large proportion of the population still not really understanding what a bike race is!

The police & NEG do an excellent job though on what is only a rolling road closure.

Gloin22 said:
Now idea how people see problem with this win by Konig ?

NetApp is going to merge with Ednura next season, right ? :D

It was all a set-up :p

On the contrary. There didn't seem to be any unity between them. Maybe König was afraid of JTL, maybe JTL didn't offer him the win, maybe the merger takes effect only next year, anyway I did expect König to help more once the climb was over.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
On the contrary. There didn't seem to be any unity between them. Maybe König was afraid of JTL, maybe JTL didn't offer him the win, maybe the merger takes effect only next year, anyway I did expect König to help more once the climb was over.

of course not. konig only wants the stage win. why would he care if he wins with 2 or 18 seconds?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:

Everyone is afraid of JTL! :D

Yeah an Endura-NetApp 1-2, should be no worries.
Nice to see Caerphilly do it's job by chopping the peloton
into bite size pieces.
Good little echelon episode, too.
Now, did anybody spot Luke Rowe's brother, Matt, this year?
Last year he was Santa, this year more your Mohammed Ali.:D

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
11141|000008922|5a86_orh100000w575_tob12st6-Locke--Koenig-4.jpg

11141|00000891b|b134_orh100000w575_tob12st6-JTLocke.jpg

11141|000008926|92be_orh100000w575_tob12st6-Sanchez--Basso.jpg

hopefully they ride hard tomorrow although i expect alot presure on the endura team now but garmin tend to play fair and i expect they will do their share of the work.

JTL had no issues with the netapp rider after race, to be fair just keeping with JTL on climb was good going he took to turns on the run in iv seen worse wheel sucking.

I'd take anything above 3/1 for JTL for this stage he will know how to pace his attacks, cant wait see hi mat top level hes an exciting rider.

Been great for TOB to get big names like basso and sanchez over too.