• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour of Utah, Stage 4; Lehi to Salt Lake City, 220 Kms

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
Farrar is always out of place it seems. If he has not learned yet.....

Tyler had no choice. He got dropped off - and no place to go but forward. He sure has had a bad year.

I see sparks flying between Andreu and whoever his co-commentator is. This co-commentator sure comes up with some really stupid stuff. If you got to see the guys sitting together in the booth (they showed them at the stage end), I think the body language shows some hostility there. LOL. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
3:00 on a workday. No August vacations here. :(

Everyone I know is going tomorrow and Sunday.

But....but.....but.. California gets like millions along the course every single day!!!

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I don't see Vandevelde surviving tomorrow. I think he'll be out of yellow.

Maybe Vandevelde gets to the bottom of the Snowbird climb with the front group. Maybe. I think the fireworks start on the Alpine Loop.

I think tomorrow is for Tim Duggan to lose. I think he'll be all over that.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
AntonioRossi said:
UHC wins again. And again they managed to screw up the last k. How hard is it to have cameras at the right places in the last k..

Yeah, they did screw it up! It IS amazing! Camera placement at the finish hasn't changed in the whole history of cycling! One guess would be, though, that the camera crew and the race organizers didn't coordinate this well enough - and the organizers or their security told the camera crew to move it.

hiero2 said:
Tyler had no choice. He got dropped off - and no place to go but forward. He sure has had a bad year.

I see sparks flying between Andreu and whoever his co-commentator is. This co-commentator sure comes up with some really stupid stuff. If you got to see the guys sitting together in the booth (they showed them at the stage end), I think the body language shows some hostility there. LOL. :D

Frankie should get paid extra for putting up with that guy.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I don't see Vandevelde surviving tomorrow. I think he'll be out of yellow.

Maybe Vandevelde gets to the bottom of the Snowbird climb with the front group. Maybe. I think the fireworks start on the Alpine Loop.

But the opposition still needs to drop Danielson, Zabriskie and Stetina. I'm sure that at least one of those four Garmin will be able to stay with the best.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
hiero2 said:

He does not has the spidy sense like a McEwen. Robbie always came from behind on his own a lot. He was too far forward too soon, but I agree that this team, if not in the GC hunt, could have delivered him for the win.

Wigwan said:
But the opposition still needs to drop Danielson, Zabriskie and Stetina. I'm sure that at least one of those four Garmin will be able to stay with the best.

Zabriskie will crack. I don't see Stetina surviving either. Danielson is Garmin's best chance.

I don't think some of these riders realize how hard Sunday's climb will be. I think the Colombians will have a field day. 2 minutes can be EASILY made up in the next 2 days.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Yeah, but the course is crap. :D

I was living in CA for a few years - in the Santa Cruz area - so got to go out and see some of the racing. Compared to the TdF, the Giro, La Vuelta, the course is crap. I found it hard to walk up some of the hills they rode, but in comparison. But they do an ok job. And the crowds are great.

ToC does a great job, imo, of organizing and protecting the riders and the finishes. That Colorado thing last year could learn something from both the ToC and this Tour of Utah. Talk about crap. That Colorado thing was a disgrace, imo. And I think I'm pretty lonely in that. Lots of flag-waving excitement over having a race in CO again. But I like the Utah course better - more selective. I like the Utah coverage. I like the crowd/rider protection I see at the finish. That was one of my biggest *****es about CO last year - they made some really stupid mistakes - very poor planning - when it came to crowd control. That, and the stage profiles were not selective.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Zabriskie will crack. I don't see Stetina surviving either. Danielson is Garmin's best chance.

I don't think some of these riders realize how hard Sunday's climb will be. I think the Colombians will have a field day. 2 minutes can be EASILY made up in the next 2 days.

You could be right! We will see!

Cheers! :D

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
He does not has the spidy sense like a McEwen. Robbie always came from behind on his own a lot. He was too far forward too soon, but I agree that this team, if not in the GC hunt, could have delivered him for the win.

Yup. I think I have to agree. Tyler does not seem to have that "spidy sense".

I'm wondering if the rest of the Garmin guys aren't all more than a little fried, and that is why they didn't help more today. It would have been the right thing to do, help Tyler a little today. That heat can take a lot out of you, and they have been at some altitude, too. It can be hard to hydrate enough in the kind of heat they've been riding in.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
hiero2 said:
Yup. I think I have to agree. Tyler does not seem to have that "spidy sense".

I'm wondering if the rest of the Garmin guys aren't all more than a little fried, and that is why they didn't help more today. It would have been the right thing to do, help Tyler a little today. That heat can take a lot out of you, and they have been at some altitude, too. It can be hard to hydrate enough in the kind of heat they've been riding in.

Yes, I think the heat more than anything.

TRENDING THREADS