• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Stage 2

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
A raft of ad breaks, picture break up and Eurosport commentator apathy (lack of turns!) is making the final 25 kms hard work.

The break is starting to muck about a bit too much......

haha well the eurosport commentators had a bit of fun with the chalk/paint drawings on the road

Mellow Velo said:
Frankly, other than the finishing line, I haven't got a clue what happened.
Did somebody airbrush Nibali and the break out?
Time gap info was..............................confusing.

The break was losing time badly. That was obvious. And on the final climb it's logical they all got passed. There could have been much better coverage of it. But it wasn't really that hard to deduct what happened. A bit of logical thinking would be enough

Those spectators at the end running along beside the riders need their heads examined. I'm sure I saw some 7 year old kid in a blue t-shirt stumble and nearly go under the wheels of the camera bike. They could have been literally leaving it all on the road.

Leadbelly said:
Those spectators at the end running along beside the riders need their heads examined. I'm sure I saw some 7 year old kid in a blue t-shirt stumble and nearly go under the wheels of the camera bike. They could have been literally leaving it all on the road.
I think there's a lot of super-fit show offy Coloradans.