2012 USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Stage 3, Gunnision to Aspen, 207 kms.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 7, 2009
dgodave said:
I raced once at 12,000 ft. Was hard going.
Ever done Mt Evans ?

They had a hilarious race poster. It was a biblical theme with a picture of some people (aplostles?) carying the dead body of Jesus. The caption read: "and he looked so strong at Summit Lake".

I think Summit Lake is about 12,000 ft. I wish I could find that poster online.

Deagol said:
Ever done Mt Evans ?

They had a hilarious race poster. It was a biblical theme with a picture of some people (aplostles?) carying the dead body of Jesus. The caption read: "and he looked so strong at Summit Lake".

I think Summit Lake is about 12,000 ft. I wish I could find that poster online.
Never done it. Should have. I kind of liked hill climbs.

Aug 16, 2011
Danielson and DZ in another break with a 2 minute gap, Garmin really wants to win this race.

May 7, 2009
Hah, Velonews guys calling out Antler man...

not just because of this, but I am really impressed with these two velonews guys. They are very knowledgable about the local geography, not to mention the race

May 7, 2009
Warhawk said:
To be fair there's a lot of people at these races I'd push off the edge of the mountain before him.
Maybe, but those antlers are seriously dangerous..

Jul 3, 2012
Deagol said:
Maybe, but those antlers are seriously dangerous..
So are cars, if an idiot is driving.

Point being, a guy with antlers acting relatively responsibly is probably significantly less of a danger than a drunk idiot without any sharp objects.

May 7, 2009
I don't see this break lasting very long from this point on out ... especially once they get out to Hwy 24.

Aug 16, 2011
Deagol said:
I don't see this break lasting very long from this point on out ... especially once they get out to Hwy 24.
And there's no way BMC is going to let Danielson just ride away.

May 7, 2009
Afrank said:
And there's no way BMC is going to let Danielson just ride away.
I wonder if BMC will dangle them off the front for a long while to tire them out and then surge on Independence pass ?

I am not understanding Garmin's tactics, but I'm not an expert by any means..

Jul 3, 2012
RedheadDane said:
LoL.
It was... what you call a rhetorical question. Coz... I think we all know the answer...:D
It's a bit like asking if Jens Voigt is joking.

The answer is ALWAYS YES.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS