• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 1: Pamplona → Pamplona (TTT) (16.5km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kazistuta said:
Omega Pharma is my pick - look at their engines:

Tony Martin
Niki Terpstra
Zdenek Stybar
Frantisek Rabon
Dario Cataldo

Compared with main favorite Sky:

Chris Froome
J.A. Flecha
Richie Porte
Ian Stannard
Danny Pate

I'd say the first looks better than the latter.
Does it? Terpstra doesn't seem to have great TT form, Stybar... yeah, well okay, Rabon... when's the last time he showed anything?

Forunculo said:
Oh Froome's girlfriend has posted an interesting link about Contador on her twitter account. Cold war? The first attack and Vuelta hasn't started yet:D

What a great 3 weeks we have
She seems to be the bad cop in the Froome dual attack.

theyoungest said:
Does it? Terpstra doesn't seem to have great TT form, Stybar... yeah, well okay, Rabon... when's the last time he showed anything?

And it conveniently ignores Swift, who spent the first 5 months of the year practicing team pursuits.

TTTs are a crap shoot anyway when they're this short, so I'd struggle to have a strong feeling for any of the decent teams over any of the others.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Here's the vid:
Contador @ Vuelta a España

EDIT:I find the vid, and the fact that Froome's gf posts it, to be quite hilarious :D

Her point is he´s a cheater and he show poor sportsmanship, I think if I were her, I would be very careful to put others out like that, maybe Sky´s revolutionary new training techniques would some day turn out to be something entirely different.

Well Froomey, you will meet a man you never met before in a grand tour, a fit and in form Contador, let´s see how you cope with that.

Fidolix said:
Her point is he´s a cheater and he show poor sportsmanship, I think if I were her, I would be very careful to put others out like that, maybe Sky´s revolutionary new training techniques would some day turn out to be something entirely different.

Well Froomey, you will meet a man you never met before in a grand tour, a fit and in form Contador, let´s see how you cope with that.
Don't hold it against him that his girlfriend is a *****.

While i dont mind any "cold war" between riders i find it utterly patethic to send out your gf carrying out the task. Man up ffs! Time for Macarena to step up.

TTT in a prologue. I like that. Nice way to show off the participating team and their current riders.

No_Balls said:
While i dont mind any "cold war" between riders i find it utterly patethic to send out your gf carrying out the task.

Maybe in Spain yall still live with this backward "woman does what man tells her" mentality but i assure you here girls are free to speak their own minds and a girl having an opinion on something is NOT and indication that her boyfriend told her do it.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Maybe in Spain yall still live with this backward "woman does what man tells her" mentality but i assure you here girls are free to speak their own minds and a girl having an opinion on something is NOT and indication that her boyfriend told her do it.

In this case the man should tell "his" woman to shut up because she's causing controversies that may come back to haunt him some day.

It's funny though, so I'm glad Froome is still as spineless as ever.

Could someone post a link to whatever tweet Froome's wife posted about Contador.

Thank you,
Kind of disappointing really, I was expecting more. Everyone who knows anything about cycling knows that Contador would've won the 2010 TDF anyway (not to mention the Cobblestone stage).

The Hitch said:

Whats up with all this sniping? This "backward mentality" has not anything to do with it. So you really think that right out of the blue, at the right moment before the Vuelta starts, Froomes gf just by mere coincidence posts a disgraceful link directed against a close rival, while Froome has not anything to do with it? Get a grip.

This is what Armstrong used to do in 2009. At least he wrote them himself.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
In this case the man should tell "his" woman to shut up because she's causing controversies that may come back to haunt him some day.

It's funny though, so I'm glad Froome is still as spineless as ever.

Why ? She can't have opinion now ?? :rolleyes:

It's her own view ffs...

TRENDING THREADS