• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 1: Pamplona → Pamplona (TTT) (16.5km)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The damage Contador wrecked on the little hill.

20120819_012658.jpg

guy just cant help hisself.

keep an eye on Majka in this tour, only guy who could stay on his wheel and also did a lot of work in front.
Wouldn´t be surprised if he breaks the sound barrier this tour and show what Riis already said before the Giro, "this guy will surprise a lot of people"...

Sad to see Talansky loose time today, and to bad with Gasparotto.

Fidolix said:
keep an eye on Majka in this tour, only guy who could stay on his wheel and also did a lot of work in front.
Wouldn´t be surprised if he breaks the sound barrier this tour and show what Riis already said before the Giro, "this guy will surprise a lot of people"...

Sad to see Talansky loose time today, and to bad with Gasparotto.
Majka won't surprise many people here. He's one of the forum favourites and top picks in the CQ Ranking game. :p

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:
What was with Froome's kit...it looked grey instead of black...or am I going color blind in my old age?

Another rider, presumably Uran or Henao also had the grey kit. Riders that Sky particularly care about doing well in TT's have had grey kit all season, I can only assume that the material used doesn't take a dye well so it ends up grey. The fast skinsuit with the raised seams etc.

The Hitch said:
What, how badly :(

Didn't look too bad to me.
He was bleeding from his right knee but could finish the race anyway.

Still waiting for details about his condition but I would find it surprising if any major injury occured.

Italy still has a strong team for the WC.
Of course with Gaspa would have been better :(

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Some decent riders/potential top 15-20 guys falling behind:

164 213 LAGUTIN, Sergey VCD + 2' 05''
178 39 ZEITS, Andrey AST + 2' 47''
179 38 TIRALONGO, Paolo AST + 2' 47''
183 96 LE MEVEL, Christophe GRS + 3' 05''
187 196 GENIEZ, Alexandre ARG + 3' 18''
189 81 JEANNESSON, Arnold FDJ + 3' 24''
197 92 DEKKER, Thomas GRS + 4' 31''

Cant see Dekker riding for much longer with Garmin:rolleyes:

Strong team does not always equal "TTT-strong-team". Sky has for the Vuelta main strenght in the mountains. There was a time when you knew that would mean diaster á la Kelme against the watch. They did a solid performance with a little questionmarks here and there.

Saxobank on the other hand, and Alberto in particular, did their pulls and looked as convincing as ever. I think we can assume by now that every doubt about his form has been shattered and we are up for a good show come the mountains.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Froome lands a telling blow on Bertie.

You mean the mighty two second cushion? Is it possible even for a fanatic two celebrate this.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
I've just watched the highlights of this stage from SBS here (30 minutes for this 15 minutes the next 5 stages) and fascinated by the way teams were falling apart in the last kilometre or so of what was a shortish TT.. Now I want to see a 40KM hilly cobbled TTT!

TRENDING THREADS