• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 3: Faustino V → Eibar (Arrate) (155,3km)

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
johnnycash said:
Didn't Movistar and Saxo do most of the work on the front? Sky did ALL the work in the tour other than a few sporadic turns from Liquigas.

I think its clear Sky are one of the strongest here but very much comparable to the other top 4 or 5 teams at the Vuelta, albeit with a strong leader, and do not intend a US Postal-style shut down of the event like they did in July.

froome doesn't need a mountain train like that coward wiggins. besides it's no use to have a train with contador attacking all the time. he would've blown sky;s train to pieces as well

Publicus said:
So it was Sky intentionally holding back their train and not anything to do with the efforts of other teams? It must be nice to have that kind of power and control, even with the 'B' team, over the entire peloton. It's Sky's world and the rest of the teams apparently just live in it. :rolleyes: Roll Sky Roll!

What a creepy strawman, that doesn't bear any relation to what I said.

What a constricted world you must live in, where everything is reduced to binary extremes.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say that this Forum is the MOST entertaining thing going!! I could read the post-it wars all day! Cobra, Flor, Hitch....love it!:D

Oh, and it was GREAT to see the Return of the King yesterday! Attack attack attack!

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
So it was Sky intentionally holding back their train and not anything to do with the efforts of other teams? It must be nice to have that kind of power and control, even with the 'B' team, over the entire peloton. It's Sky's world and the rest of the teams apparently just live in it. :rolleyes: Roll Sky Roll!

You w*nker!;)

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
froome doesn't need a mountain train like that coward wiggins. besides it's no use to have a train with contador attacking all the time. he would've blown sky;s train to pieces as well

Short sharp repetitive attacks would only break up Sky's train in the tour if they tried to follow and react, they didn't do that if you watched it. When Cadel, Nibs, TJ or JVDB attacked they often let them go, just reeling them in through a high pace, patiently.

ACs attacks yesterday were great to watch but on big ascents in the tour, he would have had to burn a serious amount of energy to drop the Sky train for good doing that. Wiggins was no coward, he simply rode to his strengths as any athelete should do.

Miburo said:
Don't forget Roche was there too, leading for Contador at the end :p

Anyway Contador showed yet again he's a great champion, he could have waited this week and pretend to be bad but that's just not how he works.

I love that :D

Was he? i dident notice that, when was this?

Could he be earning some "team credit" already?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

Then Sky doesn't really matter does it? If yesterday is any indication, Froome is on his own.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
johnnycash said:
Short sharp repetitive attacks would only break up Sky's train in the tour if they tried to follow and react, they didn't do that if you watched it. When Cadel, Nibs, TJ or JVDB attacked they often let them go, just reeling them in through a high pace, patiently.

ACs attacks yesterday were great to watch but on big ascents in the tour, he would have had to burn a serious amount of energy to drop the Sky train for good doing that. Wiggins was no coward, he simply rode to his strengths as any athelete should do.

Is your assertion that the sky domestiques are the equal of Contador? You do realize that drafting on steep climbs doesn't really do sh!t right?

Ryo Hazuki said:
whare are you talking about? if it wasn't for a motorbike crashing henao. sky would've had 3 riders in first 10. only henao isn't working for froome quite clearly. only uran is

what are you talking about? your not contradicting anything in my post. I haven't said they were bad either. I said they weren't laying down the law. Which is fact.

So go bother someone else with your garbage. I'm not in the mood for one of your "I read only half of your post, but i'm going to reply-anyway"-style of posts. Either do an attempt to read and understand a post or just don't comment at all

A hard Sky train like they have been running in most races this year would benefit Contador more than anyone else, unless Froome thinks he can outclimb everyone.

There's no point Froome sitting behind domestiques riding tempo if Contador is 20" up the road with 5km to go. If he can, Froome has to follow. The only benefit of the support is in the immediate reaction to Contador's surges (or in the case where Froome is weaker than one of his domestiques, but then the argument is trivial).

A Liquigas faux-tempo would be the best way to use the Sky train.

May 1, 2012
Visit site
richwagmn said:
Is your assertion that the sky domestiques are the equal of Contador? You do realize that drafting on steep climbs doesn't really do sh!t right?

Nope but pacing does. And the domestiques can blow up, they don't need to finish strong, which AC would have to.

TRENDING THREADS