• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 2 Châtel - Oyonnax , 183 km.

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
as much as I like the saxo new jersey.. boy they are hard to spot on the peloton. From the distance sometimes they mixed with vacansoil! :mad:

theyoungest said:
Slagter was sick last week, he was actually surprised it went so well yesterday. Today apparently less so.

Who was the Sky rider being led out for an embarassingly bad sprint? Kennaugh?

Yes it was Kennaugh and he did really bad, he lost Thomas his wheel with about 800-700 to go then got back on and probably wasted all his energy and couldnt sprint anymore. Not that he could have delivered a decent sprint if he didnt lose the wheel before.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
What was SKY doing, Thomas was leading out Kennaugh who failed pretty badly. And EBH was not participating in the sprint?

They werent leading any one - Froome + Porte just wanted to finish a good position so they get a good start time in the TT on wednesday (i.e after Contador).

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
You've got to give it to the ASO. No one does a better job at creating profiles which look conducive to good racing, but then end up being complete duds.

Ruudz0r said:
What was SKY doing, Thomas was leading out Kennaugh who failed pretty badly. And EBH was not participating in the sprint?
Trying to get world tour points for the brits to increase their numbers in worlds, I guess. No idea why EBH didn't even try, he was just cruising in the middle of the peloton and didn't look the least bit interested in sprinting.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
Rogers & Paulinho & Jesus H finished in the front group with AC
but he did look alone most of the time

Hé often does. Hé prefers to flicker around a lot for some reason

Edit: CAS was also in the group btw

Cimber said:
They werent leading any one - Froome + Porte just wanted to finish a good position so they get a good start time in the TT on wednesday (i.e after Contador).

Ah okay thats probably why Thomas was looking over his shoulder the hole time to check if Kennaugh was still in his wheel (from about 2K out). And thats probably also why Froome and Porte didnt sprint at all.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Ah okay thats probably why Thomas was looking over his shoulder the hole time to check if Kennaugh was still in his wheel (from about 2K out). And thats probably also why Froome and Porte didnt sprint at all.

Ye that is why.. Yesterday at least. If that wasnt the reason today, they just sucked balls i guess ;)

Froome and porte both Finished in the In top 30 today.

Ruudz0r said:
Nah it's all about the number of riders having scored world tour points. Obviously G is a much better sprinter than Kennaugh, but G has already scored WT points.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Cimber said:
Ye that is why.. Yesterday at least. If that wasnt the reason today, they just sucked balls i guess ;)

Froome and porte both Finished in the In top 30 today.

Kiryenka loses another 11 mins, so he can get an early start for the TT to feed info to Froome/Porte or just out of form?