• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

• Other/Garzelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
#swag

BJRdDhMCQAEphjF.jpg

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
GoodTimes said:
I've been lurking here a few months, but decided I needed to create an account to ask a painful question. How does Gesink have as many votes as Ryder?

Look at the final poll (different thread). The results are not so painful there. :D

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome, cheers.

As a Canadian, I suppose I'm as blind as the Dutchmen. I can't help but think my man has a reasonable chance at defending his title!

May 2, 2013
Visit site
why painfull? the last time Gesink was actually top he beat Hesjedal in a GT. Hell, later that year he even beat Hesjedal at his homeground in his own race by simply riding him off.

Ofcourse... since that year we've yet to see the same Gesink...

I think bolded bit along with the fact that Hesjedal has looked fairly strong so far this year (maybe not top top shape mind you).

But, the other thing is that Hesjedal has taken a large step forward and actually won a GT against a strong Purito. The Vuelta probably had stronger competition so without looking at placings and considering the time differences Gesink did well to only finish >10 minutes back on Purito.

Anyways, I don't want to be too controversial. I am very much looking forward to this years Giro. It has the potential to be a great race.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The Pinarello looks great. It made me watch it with open mouth, like in the 90ies, when this "Sword" or how they called this bike they made for Riis, Ulle and Olano, came out.

Concerning Basso: sad story. It proves once more that nothing is for granted. Nowadays, in December, riders plan which stage of next year´s Vuelta could suit them, and you see how fastly everything can be gone.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice smile folds Samu - ready.

One of these days Phinney is going to really surprise us with his climbing - that guy has lost a serious chunk of weight over the last 18 months or so.

I predict a 2005 like scenareo when everybody was talking about Cunego & Basso and none of them won.

That's why I put all my money on Delfino, Gianni Savio's menthality of going all-out and the Androni Giocatolli privates to set up some strong breakaways to let Franco gain back time on Wiggins & Nibali like they did with Rujano in 2005 and finally crack Wiggins in a weak situation in the (pen)ultimate moutain stage(s). Hopefully it will turn out better tis time than 2005.

Otherwise my hope goes to Betancur with Pozzovivo, Dupont and Georges or Santa with Garzelli, Di Luca; Rabottini and Gatto as his adjutants to cause a similar situation. Maybe Sanchez could also suprise with a decent tt, because of the technical first km's and could jump away later on.

Those are my risky bets for the overal.

*** Pellizotti
** Betancur
* Santambrogio/ Sanchez

Now call me crazy boyz :cool::p

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink will shut you up later!

Nah seriously Gesink looks way more muscled than in his earlier years. Probably the reason why his climbing is so irregular nowadays.. Too much upper body muscle...

Your excuses in advance for Gesink are getting better every year :D :p :eek:

staubsauger said:
I predict a 2005 like scenareo when everybody was talking about Cunego & Basso and none of them won.

That's why I put all my money on Delfino, Gianni Savio's menthality of going all-out and the Androni Giocatolli privates to set up some strong breakaways to let Franco gain back time on Wiggins & Nibali like they did with Rujano in 2005 and finally crack Wiggins in a weak situation in the (pen)ultimate moutain stage(s). Hopefully it will turn out better tis time than 2005.

Otherwise my hope goes to Betancur with Pozzovivo, Dupont and Georges or Santa with Garzelli, Di Luca; Rabottini and Gatto as his adjutants to cause a similar situation. Maybe Sanchez could also suprise with a decent tt, because of the technical first km's and could jump away later on.

Those are my risky bets for the overal.

*** Pellizotti
** Betancur
* Santambrogio/ Sanchez

Now call me crazy boyz :cool::p

that's exactly what i hope for too

santa and delfino pedal to the metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS