• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage 1: Napoli - Napoli, 130 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I am at Velorooms.

What the.....?
:confused:
Can you smell it when your name is mentioned or something?

Ah, Velorooms, the home of those that see themselves as the elite.
It's just too bad that Dim's coding skills will make the site awesome, having as consequence the birth of some not-wanted members to those pristine, clean forums.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
I didn't see Viviani make any mistakes today, he simply wasn't fast enough.

Well, his sprinting just looked weird, but I guess it always does. He positioned very well today, that's an encouragement compared to other races where he always had to do two sprints al ready before being near the front.

Cav obviously was the best by a mile today. He's always best when he's angry.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
It wasn't aimed at anyone specifically.

Just what I fear will happen this May :(

Maybe for me, but I can assure you I'm not a 'July fan'. I follow the sport year round and have raced for many years, admittedly some time ago. But nothing to fall out over:), just that seeing you are an administrator maybe you should welcome comments from all and sundry, be they pros or novices.

rainman said:
Maybe for me, but I can assure you I'm not a 'July fan'. I follow the sport year round and have raced for many years, admittedly some time ago. But nothing to fall out over:), just that seeing you are an administrator maybe you should welcome comments from all and sundry, be they pros or novices.

You might think so, especially since even average Tour stage threads get more hits and replies on cyclingnews than threads about critical Giro stages and monuments.

However, the good news is that you too can become a condescending elitist in three simple steps:
1) Choose a random guy who makes lots of pointless attacks and never wins.
2) Confidently announce his chances for thriumph before and during any stage repeatedly.
3) Mock decent-ish GC riders who have a habit of choking when it matters. Remember that it's always better to be negative than positive since far more riders lose than win in any particular race.

Ideally the rider in #1 and #2 actually takes part in the race you're talking about, but that's not a strict requirement.

;)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
spalco said:
You might think so, especially since even average Tour stage threads get more hits and replies on cyclingnews than threads about critical Giro stages and monuments.

Which is understandable, but somehow sad. I, for myself, started following pro cycling aged 11, in Ulle´s July 1997, and nowadays, the Tour are the three weeks of the year I consider the lamest ones. July, for me, is Tour of Austria and Brixia. Cycling is Herald Sun Tour to Japan Cup.

I had recorded the stage. Which was a good call. Didn't miss much, even at x4 speed I could see nothing happened.

Good sprint by Cavendish though, I'll give the stage that. Fills the expectations I had for this stage, predictable flat stage with a risky finish.

Onwards to tomorrow

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I had recorded the stage. Which was a good call. Didn't miss much, even at x4 speed I could see nothing happened.

Good sprint by Cavendish though, I'll give the stage that. Fills the expectations I had for this stage, predictable flat stage with a risky finish.

Onwards to tomorrow

PCM runs through your veins :cool:

Not sure if already mentioned but Millar was caught up in the crash and received a badly bruised glut and shoulder. Him and Navardauskas were probably trying to lead out Hunter.

These were the last ones over the line who were given a time of 0.00

KEUKELEIRE Jens
AVILA VANEGAS Edwin Alcibiad
GAVAZZI Mattia
BELLETTI Manuel
MILLAR David
CHICCHI Francesco

pastronef said:

Hm, I just watched it again, didn't see Bouhanni do anything too bad. There was some pushing and maybe even headbutting, but Bouhanni was just protecting his wheel. As far as I could see, the other rider (Blythe?) was trying to push into his line, so fair game from Bouhanni imo.

Maybe Eisel is friends with Blythe?

spalco said:
Hm, I just watched it again, didn't see Bouhanni do anything too bad. There was some pushing and maybe even headbutting, but Bouhanni was just protecting his wheel. As far as I could see, the other rider (Blythe?) was trying to push into his line, so fair game from Bouhanni imo.

Maybe Eisel is friends with Blythe?

It was the other way round. Blythe had Cav's wheel, and Bouhanni decided he wanted it.

TRENDING THREADS