• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro d'Italia Stage 10 : Cordenons - Altopiano Del Montasio 167 km

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Bad tactics by Astana today, did they inherit the Vini Fantini virus? Needless riding in front of the peloton when third tier riders like Machado are in the break. Let other teams work for their stage wins.

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Bad tactics by Astana today, did they inherit the Vini Fantini virus? Needless riding in front of the peloton when third tier riders like Machado are in the break. Let other teams work for their stage wins.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he must have been trying to disrupt the peloton.

May 19, 2011
Visit site

they will do that next stage, first MTF it is always good to be on the cautious side.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
Moving Uran up to 3rd overall must feel a bit hollow after f*cking his GC calling him back last week.

It was a very nice ride by Uran today and I am happy for him, but let's not kid ourself: if he hadn't lost time in Pescara he most likely wouldn't have been allowed to get away the way he did.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Flamin said:
What stage have you been watching? they didn't do anything.
I bet I watched the same network as you avec Jose de Cauwer.

Nevertheless, spilling energy at the front of the peloton, just send a domestique with the breakaway. Let others do some work.

By the way, is Aru sick? Missed that.

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It's the responsibility of having the maglia rosa. And with Aru sick, it would be a risk to isolate Nibali further by sending one of the members of the blue man group in the break. I think he/they will ride as conservative as possible at the moment.

I bet I watched the same network as you avec Jose de Cauwer.

Nevertheless, spilling energy at the front of the peloton, just send a domestique with the breakaway. Let others do some work.

By the way, is Aru sick? Missed that.

They were just cruising on a low pace, the break had like 8 min until Sky took over, so I'd hardly call that spilling energy.

and yes, stomach problems apparently.

maltiv said:
By the way, does anyone know what's wrong with Henao by now? Surely he must have a cold or something? Or just a bad day?

Unfortunately Sky's policy seems to be to never reveal it when their riders are sick or injured until they are healthy again...
Ryo or anybody's heard anything about what happened to Henao today? He surely seemed to be the fittest Skyborg of all. :(

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
brilleaben said:
It's the responsibility of having the maglia rosa.
No, it is not. Actually, give those third and fourth tier riders half an hour. Make sprinters teams work so their sprinter wil not finish Out Of Time.

Or Colombia Coldesportes when I take a good look at the race result

192 Mattia Gavazzi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:30:43
193 Edwin Alcibiades Avila Vanegas (Col) Colombia

Cycling is so backwards tactically.

It is not like Astana have a dream team at hand, so dont overwork. Every K you spend in front of the peloton is 200 metres uphill you cant help your team captain.

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
at first it was the usual - yeah i feel strong, hard climb ... but then he got a question and his answer went like this

eeeeehhhh, well, ooooooh, ummmmmm, ooooooooo,, iiiiii, oooooo, before he finally answered it. Could not decide which sylable to start with so just went through all the vowels in the alphabet.

I can imagine the bmc team listening to that and just doing 1 big massive facepalm

Those are, literally, the vowels of the strine effabut.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
Ryo or anybody's heard anything about what happened to Henao today? He surely seemed to be the fittest Skyborg of all. :(

I tried to find it really hard,but there isnt anything about him.Its strange,we probably have to wait few days and Sky will tell us:rolleyes:

pastronef said:
let's hope Cadel form is on the rise, while Nibali could be tired during last week.
I know, It's just a hope

Nibali ist pretty much the most consistent rider there is in the peloton in a GT. The question is weather Evans might have a day or two in which he is stronger than Nibali. Right now he still doesn't need much to overtake him. He does have the better sprint and he could just take it on bonus seconds. There are a lot mountains to come anyway and considering this there could aso still be a major shift in power. Plus Astana doesn't look strong at all.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
As much as I love Nibbles... no, he isn't the most consistent GT rider out there. He's got a lot better at limiting his losses on bad days, but he still has them.

He is one of them:), I rank him top three in that category

TRENDING THREADS