• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage 2: Ischia - Forio, 17.4 km TTT

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who's gonna win this?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SafeBet said:
Not Caruso?
He's been very good this spring.

“ I think our team can obtain a good result: we will have Trofimov as a leader, but also Caruso proved to be really in shape so we will see. We will have also many riders that can win a stage, such as Paolini, Belkov and Brutt: we will attack and stay in the breakaways all the time we can. So, our goal will be to win at least a stage, and to take a good final position in general classification: I think Trofimov can enter the top-10, and I would be very happy if we manage to take this result”.

Source: Katusha Team is ready to start first Grand Tour of the season

calm down guys

601650_258484540965056_1585986433_n.jpg

May 8, 2009
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Not sure if mentioned before but Mestre punctured with 1.5km to go. So Euskaltel fail was actually more bad luck (if true).

Disagree. 1.5km to go, you have 5 left, 1 punctures, other 4 should stop, not carry on and still have a 100m gap at the finish line.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Team rider Tiago Machado reflected back on the day’s results: “We had bigger aspirations than this. We are unhappy with our result. For sure we know we are better than that so luckily we have more stages to get better. We will talk about our mistakes, learn from them and move on. It’s far from over – this isn’t the right impression to have of us.”

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
Team rider Tiago Machado reflected back on the day’s results: “We had bigger aspirations than this. We are unhappy with our result. For sure we know we are better than that so luckily we have more stages to get better. We will talk about our mistakes, learn from them and move on. It’s far from over – this isn’t the right impression to have of us.”

Your Machado obsession is pathetic and disturbing and its not funny if that is what youre trying to do.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
"Dario would have deserved it, and I'm sorry for him because he's older than me," Puccio said almost apologetically, his cheeks still grazed with the lipstick of the podium hostesses. "It all happened so fast. Just two minutes before we were due up on the podium to get to the prize for the stage win, our press officer Dario Cioni told me that I was the maglia rosa."

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
"Dario would have deserved it, and I'm sorry for him because he's older than me," Puccio said almost apologetically, his cheeks still grazed with the lipstick of the podium hostesses. "It all happened so fast. Just two minutes before we were due up on the podium to get to the prize for the stage win, our press officer Dario Cioni told me that I was the maglia rosa."

Got to admire Sky's attention to detail ;)

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Missed the race earlier and rewatched it now... Euskaltel was just a puncture in the last clicks away from probably their best TTT ever :mad:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Some of these riders are just simply thick.

How embarassing for them.

Look forward to the Samu defence league blaming this on the format and not the complete and utter ineptitude of the team, who even set a good first half time.

It makes sense that Sanchez finishes in 22.50 yet gets a time of 23.06?

Miburo said:
Waiting for hitch's rage.

Sami already 1 minute behind.

Dont care that much for Samu since his *** comments on LA in the winter. Also his gc years are over anyway.

The sad thing is that trolls are going to dismiss any sane post me or LS make against ttts for the next year as a reaction to euskaltels failure in it.