2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage 5: Cosenza - Matera 203km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2012
Henao seemed upset when crossing the line. He was so close to bonus seconds that would have meant Wiggins would have had two Colombians just ahead of him in the standings.

Even if they're further up the road in reality...

Mar 9, 2013
Ryo Hazuki said:
where in gazzetta site can I find quick full results? they used to be there every year buw now :confused:
You shouldn't worry about Uran he will drop like last year soon, I predict Henao to be 4th or 3rd though. I think it all depends on Hesjedal carrying on the form that he is showing if he drops then Henao will be on the podium.

Mar 9, 2013
Koba80 said:
Henao seemed upset when crossing the line. He was so close to bonus seconds that would have meant Wiggins would have had two Colombians just ahead of him in the standings.

Yes he probably got held up abit aswell he maybe could of got 2nd else, but come on now if he did get the bonus secs does that mean a big deal. I think you seem to forget their is an ITT and im sure Wiggo would not have minded Henao getting some bonus seconds.

Jul 21, 2012
Koba80 said:

looking forward to the Colombians riding for themselves in the mountains. Should be fun!

Mar 9, 2013
Dazed and Confused said:
and the Cav vs Goss battle is more competitive?

Degenkolb's effort was brutal. Great long distance sprint.
lol you made it out like it was so special i mean Degenkolb maybe still would of won but everyone got held up dude the bardiani guy led it out from way out so Degenkolb did not have much to do, he did not even have to sprint lol his companion was cooked. A GC guy like Evans or Hesjedal would have been a threat probably or Henao who came 4th if they did not have that delay, look at the finish again and see the delay after Degenkolb goes through the crash it was nothing special imo just a lot of luck.

Jan 11, 2010
TANK91 said:
lol you made it out like it was so special i mean Degenkolb maybe still would of won but everyone got held up dude the bardiani guy led it out from way out so Degenkolb did not have much to do, he did not even have to sprint lol his companion was cooked. A GC guy like Evans or Hesjedal would have been a threat probably or Henao who came 4th if they did not have that delay, look at the finish again and see the delay after Degenkolb goes through the crash it was nothing special imo just a lot of luck.
Haha, the Bardiani guy led him out. Sure.

Yes, maybe someone like Evans could have been a threat. But he wasn't there.

Mar 9, 2013
the sceptic said:
looking forward to the Colombians riding for themselves in the mountains. Should be fun!
Yes like last year in the Giro, where did they come again exactly?:rolleyes:, Henao could be excused because it was his first GT but Uran will do nothing this Giro he has not got the capability to do it for 3 weeks, he was getting babysat bye Henao on the Pampeago or Stelvio stage.

TANK91 said:
He had to close a 100m gap within 1km alone. Both the bardiani guy and Degenkolb were going very deep into the red.
Also there was a guy not far from Degenkolb at first, but he couldnt stat close. Allthough it wasnt really a sprint it was a very nice effort.

the sceptic said:
i never ever see both uran and heano something else than faithful lieutenants in this giro. could you imagine heras and chechu back in the day going for themselves?of course not.

pippo just said that at processo that the whole conspiracy sky is false. and they will ride for wiggo who looks extremely strong.
we'll see at saltara. most likely both rigo and sergio will lose around 6 minutes to him there anyway

TANK91 said:
Yes like last year in the Giro, where did they come again exactly?:rolleyes:, Henao could be excused because it was his first GT but Uran will do nothing this Giro he has not got the capability to do it for 3 weeks, he was getting babysat bye Henao on the Pampeago or Stelvio stage.
The first TT should sort them out.

DiscoPants said:
Regardless of whether he has or hasn't lost time again today, I still don't think it's a good sign that Wiggins went missing again in the final 3km.
In fact, I think he was lucky that there was a crash. With the turns, wet roads, and strung-out peloton, there was a good chance that there would have been time gaps. As it is, he gets the same time as the winner despite his poor positioning.

Jul 21, 2012
jens_attacks said:
i never ever see both uran and heano something else than faithful lieutenants in this giro. could you imagine heras and chechu back in the day going for themselves?of course not.

pippo just said that at processo that the whole conspiracy sky is false. and they will ride for wiggo who looks extremely strong.
we'll see at saltara. most likely both rigo and sergio will lose around 6 minutes to him there anyway
But you cant imagine them leaving Armstrong at the back of the peloton by himself either. I agree with you though, cant see it happening either just wishful thinking.

Also agree that Wiggins looks very strong. I think its going to take something special to drop him in the mountains.

All this Henao - Uran / Wiggins split and Froome / Wiggins face-off is all just noise provoked by Sky to deflect the media from whipping up a Nibali / Wiggins spat. This is the Giro in Italy and it can be difficult for a non-Italian-speaking, non-Italian-resident non-Italian to win there against an Italian favourite. The last thing Sky need is a whipped-up fervent nationalistic atmosphere of Wiggins hate.

the sceptic said:
But you cant imagine them leaving Armstrong at the back of the peloton by himself either. I agree with you though, cant see it happening either just wishful thinking.

Also agree that Wiggins looks very strong. I think its going to take something special to drop him in the mountains.
even lance lost some time in a peloton split in 2002 i think, one of those flat stages.

maybe wiggo just feels so sure on his power that he really send them up front. he didn't need them. it's not the end of the world by any means.

Mar 9, 2013
theyoungest said:
Haha, the Bardiani guy led him out. Sure.

Yes, maybe someone like Evans could have been a threat. But he wasn't there.
Read the very first reply i made, the guy said what a great sprint by Degenkolb that was brutal, which I don't think it was watch the end and Degenkolb was lucky imo he did not get delayed. Marteans and Henao who came 3rd and 4th were delayed so im just pointing out he had a fair bit of fortune.

Mar 9, 2013
Kwibus said:
He had to close a 100m gap within 1km alone. Both the bardiani guy and Degenkolb were going very deep into the red.
Also there was a guy not far from Degenkolb at first, but he couldnt stat close. Allthough it wasnt really a sprint it was a very nice effort.
Yes don't get me wrong he done well but like you said it was not a sprint it was more of an effort, so I stand bye what I said that he had a lot of luck when everyone got delayed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY