2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage 5: Cosenza - Matera 203km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Koba80 said:
Henao seemed upset when crossing the line. He was so close to bonus seconds that would have meant Wiggins would have had two Colombians just ahead of him in the standings.

Even if they're further up the road in reality...
today again it looked like neither colombian cared about wiggins in the final. they did their own race and by how uran came back in that climb he's in terrific shape

May 19, 2011
Ryo Hazuki said:
today again it looked like neither colombian cared about wiggins in the final. they did their own race and by how uran came back in that climb he's in terrific shape
I don't mind more GC contenders:D

TANK91 said:
Yes don't get me wrong he done well but like you said it was not a sprint it was more of an effort, so I stand bye what I said that he had a lot of luck when everyone got delayed.
If there was no crash he wouldve been the fastest sprinter at the front. Ideal for him, now he had to solve it differently.
Degenkolb eats henao, martens etc for breakfast in a sprint.

Aug 16, 2011
TANK91 said:
lol you made it out like it was so special i mean Degenkolb maybe still would of won but everyone got held up dude the bardiani guy led it out from way out so Degenkolb did not have much to do, he did not even have to sprint lol his companion was cooked. A GC guy like Evans or Hesjedal would have been a threat probably or Henao who came 4th if they did not have that delay, look at the finish again and see the delay after Degenkolb goes through the crash it was nothing special imo just a lot of luck.
You make it sound like Degenkolb just rode in casually for an easy win. When in reality once he saw there was only Canola ahead he put everything he had into it, completely emptying the tank. The effort he made was in fact probably harder then a sprint would have been.

TANK91 said:
Yes like last year in the Giro, where did they come again exactly?:rolleyes:, Henao could be excused because it was his first GT but Uran will do nothing this Giro he has not got the capability to do it for 3 weeks, he was getting babysat bye Henao on the Pampeago or Stelvio stage.
If, and it's a BIG if, something happens that allows them to ride for themselves, I predict Uran finishes above Henao.

Mar 31, 2010
More Strides than Rides said:
At least as good as shape as Tom Danielson... (He also had a mechanical and had to chase uphill)
danielsons comeback was far less impressive than uran. were you even watching?

Sep 23, 2011
TourOfSardinia said:

Down & Out in Matera :(
I was in the car so listening to BBC radio commentary. The commentator (possibly Simon Brotherton) was talking about how one of the Argos Shimano riders had crashed and was lying against the railings, until Rob Hayles realised they were looking at Degenkolb who had just won.

ASK THE COMMUNITY