2013 Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne [Cancelled due to snow]

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
belvedere86 said:
jup I also expect Kristoff. it will be a race for guys that can handle the cold. Boasson Hagen could also be a potential winner. And I do believe Greipel can handle the cold better then Cavendish.
I don't think EBH has a chance at all. Just like Wiggins and the other Sky riders who did the entire Mallorca training camp he seems to be totally exhausted.

Hopefully they know what they're doing and the form will come in time, but I kinda doubt it. Anyhow, Sky will probably ride for someone else, like Swift, Geraint, Rowe or most likely Eisel.

Oct 23, 2011
Also most of the course have crosswinds, not really very hard or anything, but it should make the cold even more awful for those poor riders.

Sep 9, 2009
maltiv said:
I don't think EBH has a chance at all... Anyhow, Sky will probably ride for someone else, like Swift, Geraint, Rowe or most likely Eisel.
That's one unsubstantiated whine which never gets old.

It doesn't seem to matter how much money they pay him, or how often they ride for him, it's Sky's fault Edvald isn't as good as we thought he would be.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
RedheadDane said:
But I don't have British Eurosport.
Nor do I have TV3 Sport.

So... will there be a Sporza feed for those of us who don't have access to more... conventional ways of watching?
I'd imagine there will be plenty of Eurosport streams anyway :)

Waterloo Sunrise said:
That's one unsubstantiated whine which never gets old.

It doesn't seem to matter how much money they pay him, or how often they ride for him, it's Sky's fault Edvald isn't as good as we thought he would be.
Lol I just said he isn't in form, it's perfectly reasonable if they aren't riding for him. I guess selective quoting is fun though.

looks like the proper route is being kept, expecting a good race from Hutarovich once again. Watch out for Howard too hes had two wins in warmer climates but hoping he transfers that to here.

Aug 5, 2012
Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio

Looking like chaos for KBK tomorrow. Weather forecast is terrible, many of the major climbs taken out

Lots of snow photos being tweeted this morning. Over here in Germany, just at the Netherlands border, we have 6-8 inches of snow with it still coming down.

At the very least they will probably have to take the climbs out, if they don't cancel all together, I would think.

Susan

HiCadence said:
I'd imagine there will be plenty of Eurosport streams anyway :)
Won't help much if I don't have access to those!
And Sporza is cool, only I can't really understand it... :rolleyes:

It... doesn't make me mean that I'm seriously laughing about the snow, does it?
I hope they won't cancel. But... if there's a safety issue they should!

Jan 11, 2010
The problem is that it keeps snowing. And maybe rain later. That's too dangerous, no matter how much you like to see your man Cav win.

Apr 10, 2011
Stannard loving the conditions it seems :p

Tbh if the condtions are like this, it will not be a sprint I think . Remeber 2009 KBK in bad conditions ? That was fun :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pantani_lives Professional Road Racing 127

ASK THE COMMUNITY