• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne [Cancelled due to snow]

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anyone mentioned Kristoff yet? I know, he's a big joke around here, but he's fastish, and last year he was surprisingly good in RVV. Not a big winner, admittedly, but my bet is he'll be top ten in het volk and top three in KBK..

zapata said:
Anyone mentioned Kristoff yet? I know, he's a big joke around here, but he's fastish, and last year he was surprisingly good in RVV. Not a big winner, admittedly, but my bet is he'll be top ten in het volk and top three in KBK..

I can imagine several Katusha riders being on form as a result of UCI's license debacle, so yes I can see him on the podium with Cav and Greipel in KBK.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Cold conditions could take out Greipel perhaps, but Cav with QS? I don't see it. Who do you see in a select sprint?

Conditions are quite heavy. Cycled myself today and it's daaaaamn cold. Plus, in Belgium it already snowed tonight. Might be some snow coming this weekend. If KBK become a 'select sprint', I wouldn't rule Martens out.

Der Effe said:
Conditions are quite heavy. Cycled myself today and it's daaaaamn cold. Plus, in Belgium it already snowed tonight. Might be some snow coming this weekend. If KBK become a 'select sprint', I wouldn't rule Martens out.

KBK needs the cold just like MSR needs the rain. The conditions will remove the weak whether they like it or not. Still Cav is not easy to get rid off.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Der Effe said:
Great news.

Dazed and Confused said:
Cold conditions could take out Greipel perhaps, but Cav with QS? I don't see it. Who do you see in a select sprint?

On the fact is consistently above 30 here I forget that cold is a factor in these early races
Why do you think Cav will handle the cold better than Greipal?

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Greipel normally adopts very quickly to new, extreme weather conditions, whether warmth or cold. He needs 7-10 days coming out of the European winter to rock the Australian summer and beat top Aussies during their hottest month, then leaves Australia, and two weeks later, he can beat the fastmen of Tour Med at 0-5 degree Celsius. He should be fine for Kuurne.

Let´s hope it juat doesn´t get too cold and snowy, so that none of the two days gets cancelled, like Het Volk in 2004 or Rund um Köln in 2008.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
will10 said:

Tomorrow they will have a meeting and if it will be snowing they might change the course/route. If too much snow is falling they might even cancel it but not will decide that before sunday at 11.

Alternatief parcours Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne?
Het is koud en voor zondag wordt er ook sneeuw voorspeld. De organisatie van Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne zijn voorbereid. "Zaterdag hebben we een vergadering gepland", klinkt het in Het Nieuwsblad. "We hebben een alternatieve route als er zondag sneeuw valt."

"Als het sneeuwt, dan rijden we gewoon over de grote wegen. La Houppe, de Kanarieberg, de Oude Kwaremont en de Knokteberg laten we dan links liggen. Is er echt veel sneeuw, dan kunnen we de koers ook afgelasten, maar dat is een extreme maatregel. Daarover beslissen we zondag om 11u."

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
zapata said:
I think no big sprint this year. Kristoff to finish ahead of cavendish and greipel both.

jup I also expect Kristoff. it will be a race for guys that can handle the cold. Boasson Hagen could also be a potential winner. And I do believe Greipel can handle the cold better then Cavendish.

belvedere86 said:
jup I also expect Kristoff. it will be a race for guys that can handle the cold. Boasson Hagen could also be a potential winner. And I do believe Greipel can handle the cold better then Cavendish.

Well I suppose Greipel can store a lot of heat in his thighs:) It won't be that cold, will it? Nothing that should really trouble Cavendish, having grown up on the Isle of Man.

Unless the weather is terrible, surely this all about the first real showdown of the year between QPS/Lotto, Cav/Greipel. I hope so anyway:)

KBK tomorrow really needs to be better than today's racing at the Omloop.

The conditions sounds pretty if they just still would be able to ride about the hills. But a bit snowy weather should bring some dramatic and entertainment and hopefully would avoid a mass sprint.

staubsauger said:
KBK tomorrow really needs to be better than today's racing at the Omloop.

The conditions sounds pretty if they just still would be able to ride about the hills. But a bit snowy weather should bring some dramatic and entertainment and hopefully would avoid a mass sprint.

From last year:
320-RTR2YH3P.jpg

Only one man can stop him this year: Greipel.

TRENDING THREADS