2013 Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 21/04/13 257km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I cannot understand why people think the omission of Roche-aux-Fauçons should be a factor. The "new" climb Colonster is at the exact same place in the race, and the top of the climb is 21 meters higher than the top of Roche-aux-Fauçons so it cannot be that much easier.
And my outside (since he hasn't been mentioned before) bet for LBL is Roman Kreuziger. 4th behind Phil and the Schlecks in 2011, and Bjarne should be able to bring out the best of him.
 
For me it makes no sense for Sagan to not do LBL. He wants to do FW but not LBL if he does well in AGR? I think he has better chance of winning LBL than FW.

He's by far Cannondale's best chance of producing a good result and he can go on a break after LBL and just look forward to the Tour, so I don't get why Cannondale doesn't encourage him to do LBL?
 
Oct 8, 2012
58
0
0
Hugo Koblet said:
For me it makes no sense for Sagan to not do LBL. He wants to do FW but not LBL if he does well in AGR? I think he has better chance of winning LBL than FW.

He's by far Cannondale's best chance of producing a good result and he can go on a break after LBL and just look forward to the Tour, so I don't get why Cannondale doesn't encourage him to do LBL?
moser .....
 
May 12, 2010
1,998
0
0
vladimir said:
I cannot understand why people think the omission of Roche-aux-Fauçons should be a factor. The "new" climb Colonster is at the exact same place in the race, and the top of the climb is 21 meters higher than the top of Roche-aux-Fauçons so it cannot be that much easier.
The Sart Tilman used to be on the same place as the Roche Aux Faucons, and that climb was a joke. The Roche aux Faucons was great because the first kilometer was very steep, and after that it went on for a couple of kilometers on small roads, making it very hard for pursuiters to make a good chase. The profile of the Colonster looks significantly easier than the Roche aux Faucons, and I'm not sure if the roads there are as friendly to attacks. The height of a climb says virtually nothing in a classic.
 
Oct 8, 2012
58
0
0
Hugo Koblet said:
I'm a big fan of Moser, but let's be honest: Sagan has a way better chance of winning LBL than Moser.
Sagan himself says LBL is still too hard for him now. I think that's more because of the fact that he has had a long spring so far. I can't see him going over some of the LBL climbs with the likes of nibali because it's less about explosiveness and more about endurance.

At the moment he focuses primarily at the MSR-RVV period and given his performances since february this year I think he's running out of steam a bit. Therefor I don't think he can make the winning break in LBL this year if he would be competing. When he shifts his focus a bit more to these races he'll sure be capable of winning but not for this year. Not riding is good for him, he needs rest as well.

About Moser; I don't se him making the podium, but a top 10 is possible for him.
 
Mar 15, 2013
494
0
0
If you're quite enough, you can already hear the roads shout the winner's name: Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Phil looks too fat to compete. Probably good enough to get 2nd in AGR behind Sagan and 2nd or 3rd in Fleche Wallone behind Rodriguez/Quintana

But in LBL he'll get destroyed like last year because of lack of great shape
Do you think that Quintana has so big chance to win it?I think its too much steep wall,I'd prefer Henao or Betancur FTW
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Phil looks too fat to compete. Probably good enough to get 2nd in AGR behind Sagan and 2nd or 3rd in Fleche Wallone behind Rodriguez/Quintana

But in LBL he'll get destroyed like last year because of lack of great shape
I think that's the only thing you've said about Phil all year, that he's too fat lol. Hint, it's the complete white jersey with rainbow stripes that give you that impression.

Last year, he was 11th at the Brabantse Pijl, losing quite a lot of time on the favorites of that race. This year he made the decisive move and was the only one able to follow Sagan on the final hill.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
El Pistolero said:
I think that's the only thing you've said about Phil all year, that he's too fat lol. Hint, it's the complete white jersey with rainbow stripes that give you that impression.

Last year, he was 11th at the Brabantse Pijl, losing quite a lot of time on the favorites of that race. This year he made the decisive move and was the only one able to follow Sagan on the final hill.
I definitely agree.Phil is in very good form,and whats more,he knows Cauberg very very well,so he is a top favourite.
On the other hand I have doubts about FW,Rodriguez will be strong and he dominated last year.
 
El Pistolero said:
I think that's the only thing you've said about Phil all year, that he's too fat lol. Hint, it's the complete white jersey with rainbow stripes that give you that impression.

Last year, he was 11th at the Brabantse Pijl, losing quite a lot of time on the favorites of that race. This year he made the decisive move and was the only one able to follow Sagan on the final hill.
Do you wanna bet that he'll win one of the three races?
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Quintana won Emilia last year, do you have any idea what the finish of Emilia is like? :eek:
The field sucks compared to FW, otherwise Gesink would've won a couple of FW already.
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
ILovecycling said:
I definitely agree.Phil is in very good form,and whats more,he knows Cauberg very very well,so he is a top favourite.
On the other hand I have doubts about FW,Rodriguez will be strong and he dominated last year.
Yeah, he'll probably not win FW, but it's by far the least prestigious Ardennes classic. AGR will probably be second to Sagan who seems to be in great shape, but you never know. LBL is the race he has the most chance to win, it will be a tactical race though, so we'll see. Bad luck can always mess up someone's race.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pantani_lives Professional Road Racing 482

ASK THE COMMUNITY