• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 21/04/13 257km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SafeBet said:
SKY's lineup looks crazy good. I wonder what kind of tactics they'll come up with. Plenty of weapons there.

Kiryienka to pull the peloton from the start line to Saint Nicholas, then the remaining Sky riders form a 7 man breakaway to take the first 7 places.

wwabbit said:
Kiryienka to pull the peloton from the start line to Saint Nichoals, then the remaining Sky riders form a 7 man breakaway to take the first 7 places.

Nearly right, Kiryienka to pull Peleton from srat line to Saint Nichoals, while JTL keeps riding up and down the peleton collecting water bottles, then a 6 man breakaway for the first 6 places :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
Team Sky LBL

Chris Froome, Sergio Henao, Vasil Kiryienka, David López, Danny Pate, Richie Porte, Jonathan Tiernan-Locke, Rigoberto Urán

I wonder if this is sky dress rehearsal of their best climber in their arsenal. It looks pretty impressive and looks like they are going for world domination :D. If none of the contender can't stop them... they are going to the only team who's not worry who's climber going to what GT...

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Unkown said:

That doesn't mean Henao is the leader at LBL. 1 - They're talking about AGR and 2 - it's only JTL saying he thinks Henao is the best option probably because neither Porte or Froome are at AGR

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
wiggos sideburn said:
That doesn't mean Henao is the leader at LBL. 1 - They're talking about AGR and 2 - it's only JTL saying he thinks Henao is the best option probably because neither Porte or Froome are at AGR
Big fail on my part, why did I think he was talking about LBL :confused:

I think I'd agree with JTL though, Henao seems to be there best option.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Henao is clearly Sky's best punchy rider anyway.

Froome is good, but shown at Tirreno he just lacks a bit at the hills, Henao should lead Sky in the 3 classics.

Froome is excellent option to attack at LBL though.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Phil looks too fat to compete. Probably good enough to get 2nd in AGR behind Sagan and 2nd or 3rd in Fleche Wallone behind Rodriguez/Quintana

But in LBL he'll get destroyed like last year because of lack of great shape

I agree he didn't look that good, yes he was able to follow Sagan but he barely made it to Sagan's wheel, a Gilbert in peak form should be able to do that with 3 fingers up his a$$.

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Gloin22 said:

Froome is good, but shown at Tirreno he just lacks a bit at the hills, Henao should lead Sky in the 3 classics.

At LBL unlike Roubaix Sky actually do have a three headed monster, Henao, Froome and Porte

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
wiggos sideburn said:
At LBL unlike Roubaix Sky actually do have a three headed monster, Henao, Froome and Porte

Not to say Uran might sneak something considering last year he took step up in classics at the end, and isn't talked about much.

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Not to say Uran might sneak something considering last year he took step up in classics at the end, and isn't talked about much.

Yeah I was about to put him but I think he will be fourth option he would have to win in a break away similar to Iglinsky last year

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Gloin22 said:

Agree with this, Henao deserves the leadership, he's probably Sky's best shot. Froome would be a good rider to go on the attack to draw out the other guys while henao sits on their wheels.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
infeXio said:
Last years winner Michael Valgren from Team Cult Energy just won the U23 version again

He´s a huge talent, can´t imagine not seeing him on the pro tour next year, guess Holm and Bjarne will be fighting for him, he already been with Saxo on several training camps, also this year. He´s surely one to watch, but there are several from his generation in the Danish youth division to watch out for.

wiggos sideburn said:
Yeah I was about to put him but I think he will be fourth option he would have to win in a break away similar to Iglinsky last year

IMO if in form Uran is their best option at LBL. He's the only guy who has shown the most that he can handle the distance.
And actually Iglinsky didn't win from a breakaway. he chased down Nibali's attack and then went solo in a super performance.

xrayvision said:
He´s a huge talent, can´t imagine not seeing him on the pro tour next year, guess Holm and Bjarne will be fighting for him, he already been with Saxo on several training camps, also this year. He´s surely one to watch, but there are several from his generation in the Danish youth division to watch out for.

The Danes are often very good at Junior and U 23 level but suck when they turn Pro. It's best not to have too much high hopes.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
xrayvision said:

He will probably go to Sky where they let him race in the cobbled classics

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The Danes are often very good at Junior and U 23 level but suck when they turn Pro. It's best not to have too much high hopes.[/QUOTE]

That´s true unfortunately, but he got his head on right, knows what he wants, and mature for his age, and also have the best advisers.
I think his chances are pretty good, if he can continue his progress.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
xrayvision said:
That´s true unfortunately, but he got his head on right, knows what he wants, and mature for his age, and also have the best advisers.
I think his chances are pretty good, if he can continue his progress.

That's exactly the reason they get stuck at the pro's perhaps...

TRENDING THREADS