• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 21/04/13 257km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Jelantik said:
yeah... it's basically all the top riders? I understand about the loitering, but prevent them from starting? I think it's a little over the top IMO. You can fine them big time for one thing. But then how are the riders supposed to discard their bottle and bidon? Maybe the organizer or this so called environmentalist contribute a motorbike with a trash bin running along side of the rider..:D

I wonder what the police's question?.. "Mr. Nibali, did you or did you not purposefully discard a teal blue bidon with astana logo at km 19, 30cm from the ditch with longitude 34º latitude 1º at the 14.00 hrs during the race of 2012 Liege Bastogne Liege?.. say what?..Guilty! Under the magistrate of French authorities we here by declare: "NO CYCLING FOR YOU"..:p

er.. French magistrates have no authority in Belgium

I found a nice pic for the profiles of major climbs, thanks to inrng

lieges2013cotes.jpg

Edit: Are there any official explanation about why they removed Roche au Fauchons?

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Cote de Colonster seems to be a relatively easy climb, which means in a normal scenario 50-60 riders will storm Saint Nicolas. La Redoute will have to wreak havoc on the main contenders' teams, to give a small group of outsiders the chance to make the race exciting.

Pentacycle said:
Cote de Colonster seems to be a relatively easy climb, which means in a normal scenario 50-60 riders will storm Saint Nicolas. La Redoute will have to wreak havoc on the main contenders' teams, to give a small group of outsiders the chance to make the race exciting.

Maybe we'll get action on La Redoute again. Last few years were really closed until Roche. I don't think it's necessarily bad that it's gone this time, let us see.