• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 21/04/13 257km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pentacycle said:
Montagne de Lure?

well yes but then his job is GC and in PN he was beaten by his own team mate Losada.

1. PORTE Richie SKY 29h59'47" 260
2. TALANSKY Andrew GRS 55" 195
3. PERAUD Jean-Christophe ALM 01'21" 162
4. VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC 01'44" 136
5. CHAVANEL Sylvain OPQ 01'47" 120
6. SPILAK Simon KAT 01'48" 110
7. ULISSI Diego LAM 01'54" 100
8. WESTRA Lieuwe VCD 02'17" 90
9. KLÖDEN Andreas RLT 02'22" 80
10. VELITS Peter OPQ 02'28" 70
11. LOSADA ALGUACIL Alberto KAT 02'38" 60
12. NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel COF 03'04" 54
13. JEANNESSON Arnold FDJ 03'06" 48
14. MENCHOV Denis KAT 03'13" 42

So yea, I would save some cash and focus elsewhere.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
T.Dekker to solo to victory

I rather fear the most merorable moment Dekker will be remembered for after his 2013 Ardennes campaign will remain the moment he got his wheel to Hesjedal with 30 or so k to go in Fleche Wallonne.

Sad, sad story.

JV could have signed Bas Giling as well, wouldn´t make a difference.

Zam_Olyas said:
He is the pope, cut him some slack. He is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. :)

Here we go. Perfect cut:

1088_small.GIF

Now we just need a horse.

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys, can anyone give me a hint of when to show up in Aywaille tomorrow to get some good spots? Is it still possible to see the riders when we arrive at 2 pm (first riders are supposed to pass Cote de la Redoute at 3:45 pm) or do we need to be there much much earlier?

Thank you for your help!!

RHRH19861986 said:
I rather fear the most merorable moment Dekker will be remembered for after his 2013 Ardennes campaign will remain the moment he got his wheel to Hesjedal with 30 or so k to go in Fleche Wallonne.

Sad, sad story.

JV could have signed Bas Giling as well, wouldn´t make a difference.

He's just nothing without without it. Nothing sad about that. He wasnt even really entertaining with it compared to Ras, Di Luca, Ricco, Armstrong, Simoni & co.

Just a boreboy.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
marvinrichlike said:
Guys, can anyone give me a hint of when to show up in Aywaille tomorrow to get some good spots? Is it still possible to see the riders when we arrive at 2 pm (first riders are supposed to pass Cote de la Redoute at 3:45 pm) or do we need to be there much much earlier?

Thank you for your help!!
Sorry, Aywaille or La Redoute ?
They do Aywaille going out to Bastogne, so you want to be next to the motorway on the exit to Aywaille and then it depends how far up La Redoute you want to be.
These days there are motor homes being parked up there at this moment. (NOW)
The whole thing now comes under Police control and tomorrow they will turn the motorway "Slip Road" into a long car park. This road is the other side of the Barriers from the early part of La Redoute and if you get parked there then you won't see much else without some sort of portable screen because of the "Grid Lock" scramble to get away.
My "Norm" is to see them through Stavalot and quickly get to Remourchamps and then to the slip road to briefly see the early riders before I become an early vehicle on the motorway scramble.

Edit..I hope you have been to the team presentation this afternoon but as you can guess that this year I'm in ENGLAND with the TV. so I wish you well for tomorrow.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
well yes but then his job is GC and in PN he was beaten by his own team mate Losada.

1. PORTE Richie SKY 29h59'47" 260
2. TALANSKY Andrew GRS 55" 195
3. PERAUD Jean-Christophe ALM 01'21" 162
4. VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC 01'44" 136
5. CHAVANEL Sylvain OPQ 01'47" 120
6. SPILAK Simon KAT 01'48" 110
7. ULISSI Diego LAM 01'54" 100
8. WESTRA Lieuwe VCD 02'17" 90
9. KLÖDEN Andreas RLT 02'22" 80
10. VELITS Peter OPQ 02'28" 70
11. LOSADA ALGUACIL Alberto KAT 02'38" 60
12. NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel COF 03'04" 54
13. JEANNESSON Arnold FDJ 03'06" 48
14. MENCHOV Denis KAT 03'13" 42

So yea, I would save some cash and focus elsewhere.
Unsure why we're talking about Menchov, but GTs are a different kettle of fish. Probably moot though as I don't expect anything that much at the Giro if he even rides.

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thx for the quick reply! I was planning to go to Aywaille by train from Liège and then up the hill La Redoute by walking. I won't come by car. Do you think it is manageable? Thanks for the info though!

marvinrichlike said:
Thx for the quick reply! I was planning to go to Aywaille by train from Liège and then up the hill La Redoute by walking. I won't come by car. Do you think it is manageable? Thanks for the info though!
It's certainly manageable, but be aware that La Redoute is in Remouchamps, which is about 3km east of Aywaille. There's a nice walking/cycling path along the river between the two places though, so it's definitely worth the walk.

zapata said:
Tomorrow the shark will kill the pigeons.

But will he though?

In fine form that's for sure, but the forced course diversions favour the fast men like Valverde, Gilbert & Gerrans perhaps?

I'm curious to know how much Trentino took out of him too (probably not much to be honest) and if he'll be conscious of peaking too soon for the Giro?

iZnoGouD said:
Who is the shark? Nibali?
Nibali will feel the fatigue from Trentino, no doubts about that

That's what I'm wondering about fatigue.

Last years 2nd came off the back of riding the classics and not Trentino. The year before that he came 8th here after finishing no where in Trentino. I'm still not sure that Trentino this year placed huge demands on him though to be honest. He must have intentions here as he doesn't need it just for the race miles.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Could Gallopin be a decent outsider? Don't really know him well. Was going to say Marcato but he appears to be chilling this season. Astana have a very strong team for a less selective edition.