• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 21/04/13 257km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
IAM even has two riders in the break today, they really do well. Pliuschin in Amstel break, Lang in Fleche´s and Lang and Fumeaux in LBL´s.
They have a wildcard for Romandie, and if they show themselves there one day or another, they can really look back to a solid first spring.

I´m sure ASO also have noticed this.

To be honest, performance-wise, my three Tour wildcards would be Europcar, Cofidis and IAM.

Edit.: Cofidis actually not performance-wise, because they had a weaker spring, but I guess they´re in anyways; the sponsor has lots of influence (can´t imagine a Tour without Cofidis, actually) and they have Taramae and Coppel, so certainly will be in TdF 2013.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
IAM even has two riders in the break today, they really do well. Pliuschin in Amstel break, Lang in Fleche´s and Lang and Fumeaux in LBL´s.
They have a wildcard for Romandie, and if they show themselves there one day or another, they can really look back to a solid first spring.

I´m sure ASO also have noticed this.

To be honest, performance-wise, my three Tour wildcards would be Europcar, Cofidis and IAM.

iam stand no chance for getting selected to the tour. larssona dn lovkvist their 2 big signings also proved how overrated they are. iam isn't doing great al all considering all the races they did, riders they got and budget they have for a pct.

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to watch the finish of this for the first time this year.
Any tips on a good spot to watch. i.e is there a big screen nearby. Ease of parking etc.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
iam stand no chance for getting selected to the tour. larssona dn lovkvist their 2 big signings also proved how overrated they are. iam isn't doing great al all considering all the races they did, riders they got and budget they have for a pct.

Yeah, and everyone´s clean and Colombia will send the Tour winners 2015-2050.

Great post again, like most of your posts. Don´t want to get off topic, but that just has to get answered.

Larsson wasn´t that great in 2013, Lövkvist won Tour Med against strong competition and is injured at the moment.

IAM was invited to great races and had OK results and a lot of TV attention.

They had a better spring than NetApp, Bretagne and Cofidis, an equal spring to Sojasun, and a weaker spring than Europcar. That´s how I see it.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
They had a better spring than NetApp, Bretagne and Cofidis, an equal spring to Sojasun, and a weaker spring than Europcar. That´s how I see it.

Wildcard are Europcar, Cofidis and Sojasun then. :rolleyes:

And why are you so angry?

RHRH19861986 said:

Great post again, like most of your posts. Don´t want to get off topic, but that just has to get answered.

Larsson wasn´t that great in 2013, Lövkvist won Tour Med against strong competition and is injured at the moment.

And that's why Europcar, Cofidis and Sojasun will get the invites.

And getting in the early break is really not much to be proud of.

Edit: beaten on point 1

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Wildcard are Europcar, Cofidis and Sojasun then. :rolleyes:

And why are you so angry?

Not angry, and it´s actually not my mentality, but like many people before me, I had to learn there are people in the world who don´t appreciate a nice and normal kind of speaking/writing... :) So I have to adapt. ;)

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The Blues said:
Who is in the break?

Sander Armee (Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise), Bart De Clercq (Lotto), Vincent Jérôme (Europcar), Pirmin Lang (IAM Cycling), Frederik Veucheulen (Vacansoleil) and Jonathan Fumeaux (IAM Cycling).

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:

it's stuff like this that only makes your posts more ridiuclous as those are no arguments. where did I say anything about colombians here.

larsson wasn';t that great in 2013? that's like an understatement. injured or not, lovkvist is a joke. he's been chronically injured for what? 4 years now? netapp got invited to far less races, same for bretagne. how can you even use those as an argument, especially bretagne who also have like 1/5th of their budget. cofidis I agree, but again I didn't expect any better from them either. they have an equally overrated roster and have been horrible for past many years now. vini fantini is another pct team that did a lot better than iam.

Thanks, guys!
Even though IAM has two guys in it, I think Jérôme or De Clercq (tiliting towards the latter) are the strongest of these guys.

Any live ticker yet? (Sorry for asking all these questions)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
it's stuff like this that only makes your posts more ridiuclous as those are no arguments. where did I say anything about colombians here.

larsson wasn';t that great in 2013? that's like an understatement. injured or not, lovkvist is a joke. he's been chronically injured for what? 4 years now? netapp got invited to far less races, same for bretagne. how can you even use those as an argument, especially bretagne who also have like 1/5th of their budget. cofidis I agree, but again I didn't expect any better from them either. they have an equally overrated roster and have been horrible for past many years now. vini fantini is another pct team that did a lot better than iam.

Well, but Vini Fantini aren´t on the preselection list. With Bretagne, OK, but it´s not ASO´s fault they have a small budget...

I also don´t see one single NetApp rider able to win a Tour stage; Huzarski and König with a ton of luck, maybe. And NetApp had a very nice schedule in 2013, the best they could hope for.

The brown bibs will be a force today.

PIC360681134.jpg

Betancur+Bardet+ Gadret (or should I say minus Gadret, not sure).

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Typical lame Ardennes riders let a break go in 5km as opposed to 100km in Roubaix and Ronde.

Yeah,really true,thats why I love cobbles classics...this is embarassing ,hope they starts to race at least on Theux:rolleyes:
But still riders and DS:eek: makes the race so still it can be pretty good with nice fireworks on La Redoute:D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want a great race, you gotta hope for 2 things.

1.Hope Contador has a super day.
2.Hope Nibali has a super day.

They are crazy enough to go on la redoute.

Astana and saxo can make this race real fun. Sky aswell actually but i'm not gonna hope for that :eek: