• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Paris Nice

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
03.03 - 10.03.2013

Houilles - Houilles 2.9 km
Saint-Germain-en-Laye - Nemours 195 km
Vimory - Cérilly 200.5 km
Châtel-Guyon - Brioude 170.5 km
Brioude - Saint-Vallier 199.5 km
Châteauneuf-du-Pape - La Montagne de Lure 176 km
Manosque - Nice 220 km
Nice - Col d’Èze 9.6 km

parcours.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFIL.png

PROFIL.png

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like this course more than that of Tirreno - Adriatico.
Also, expected TA field would provide more excitement on this course.

The stage into Saint Vallier is good. The final stage is a nice finale.

The mountain stage would be good if it weren't supposed to be the queen stage. It is a bit meh for a stage that is meant to be decisive. At least it is better than the Mende debacle last year for a queen stage.

They don't show all the stages on the website. Maybe one or two of the other stages are a bit tricky.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
:confused: at least tell us why...
No stupid ttt, very nice uphill finish, better itt for conclusion than in T-A.
As I said, T-A field would bring more excitement on this route than on T-A.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
And the MTF of Tirreno isn't nice? :confused:
and what about the other stages?
Did I say MTF of Tirreno isn't nice?
I said the final itt is better in P-N for expected T-A field.
Other stages pretty much equal. Some opportunities for sprinters and breakers. Although all stages aren't published yet, stage 4 promises nice mix of non-GC stages. Stage 6 should provoke an epic breakaway or daring jump.
All in all, I like it more than T-A.

serfla said:
Did I say MTF of Tirreno isn't nice?
we were comparing the routes so I assumed that you liked the PN mtf more than the TA.
serfla said:
I said the final itt is better in P-N for expected T-A field.
ok
serfla said:
Other stages pretty much equal. Some opportunities for sprinters and breakers. Although all stages aren't published yet, stage 4 promises nice mix of non-GC stages. Stage 6 should provoke an epic breakaway or daring jump.
All in all, I like it more than T-A.
first of all, the non-published stages we could assume are less interesting than stage 6, that is by far the worst stage published. Forget any kind of 'daring jumps' in that stage. The climb is 70 kms from the finish and the stage is squeezed between a MTF and an MTT.

otoh, TA has only one clear stage for sprints and another one where sprinters will sweat badly but may take it. It then has an ardennes-like stage which is miles better than stage 4 of PN and the stage to Chieti which is infinitely better than the one to Nice.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
first of all, the non-published stages we could assume are less interesting than stage 6, that is by far the worst stage published. Forget any kind of 'daring jumps' in that stage. The climb is 70 kms from the finish and the stage is squeezed between a MTF and an MTT.
You don't think someone, far in the GC not interested for the itt, could try his luck in last 20 - 30 kilometers, after the intermediate sprint? Or that a group of riders could survive exactly because the stage follows uphill finish and precedes itt, so the favorites will probably take it easier?
Tailor made for Hoogerland, if he's going to ride.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
serfla said:
You don't think someone, far in the GC not interested for the itt, could try his luck in last 20 - 30 kilometers, after the intermediate sprint? Or that a group of riders could survive exactly because the stage follows uphill finish and precedes itt, so the favorites will probably take it easier?
Tailor made for Hoogerland, if he's going to ride.

No way will Johnny be fit to ride unfortunately.