• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Paris Nice

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Why wouldn't I say it. Its a perfectly sensible sentence that has is 100% correct.

because you say I didn't understand a very common tactic, when already like 5x has proven how inconsistant backnumbers are and that most of the times they mean nothing.

Ryo Hazuki said:
because you say I didn't understand a very common tactic,

It is a very common tactic.

when already like 5x has proven how inconsistant backnumbers are and that most of the times they mean nothing.

Your a funny fella. You post 2 examples of weak teams at warmup races the teams didnt care about and you think youve proven that numbers "most of the time mean nothing".

Must have been a massive coincidence then that last year the team leader was also the first name on every teamsheet

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/paris-nice-2012/start-list

argyllflyer said:
If UCI want to improve cycling as a spectator sport, giving each rider a number for the season would be a start. All their kit could have the personal number on it and would help (a) commentators and (b) fans especially with the less well known riders.

There must be at least 10 important things UCI needs to do before looking into changing the jersey design rules.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
200805251825_roman-kreuziger-5.jpg

says hello

Tahnks, nice of you :eek:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Your a funny fella. You post 2 examples of weak teams at warmup races the teams didnt care about and you think youve proven that numbers "most of the time mean nothing".

Must have been a massive coincidence then that last year the team leader was also the first name on every teamsheet

because valverde always starts with number 1 in all their races, the others don't with the exception of cobo last year because he defended vuelta win

The Hitch said:

I know Ryo didn't post it (I did), but I would say that T-A isn't any warm-up race, and that Lotto shows that even at non-warm-up races, they still just list the whole team alphabetic.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Costa is older and has won the Tour de Suisse, so he should be their captain. Quintana will have a free role, I think, but the road will show the rider´s roles anyways.

An echelon or a crash in one of the first flat stages can change everything, anyways.

Costa winning Paris-Nice would be less a surprise than Quintana winning it, but Quintana´s time will come, so what.

RHRH19861986 said:
Costa is older and has won the Tour de Suisse, so he should be their captain. Quintana will have a free role, I think, but the road will show the rider´s roles anyways.

An echelon or a crash in one of the first flat stages can change everything, anyways.

Costa winning Paris-Nice would be less a surprise than Quintana winning it, but Quintana´s time will come, so what.
I would be more surprised if Costa finishes ahead of Quintana in the MTT, than the other way around.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
I would be more surprised if Costa finishes ahead of Quintana in the MTT, than the other way around.

Yes, the MTT might be good for Quintana, though it also suits Costa, since it´s not too steep and it´s steady. Weight advantage for Costa, engine advantage for Costa.

In all, I see Costa ahead. He now has quite some experience how to ride these 7-10 day stage races successfully.

In all, I think it´s great that South Americans are on the rise, but they´ve still to prove that there´s a new era comparewable to the days of Herrera et al. But they´re all pretty young, so time is on their side. They just have to avoid the approach Rujano has chosen, whatever approach this was and still is - Rujano has been a mystery ever since his 2005 Giro.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
Yes, the MTT might be good for Quintana, though it also suits Costa, since it´s not too steep and it´s steady. Weight advantage for Costa, engine advantage for Costa.

In all, I see Costa ahead. He now has quite some experience how to ride these 7-10 day stage races successfully.

In all, I think it´s great that South Americans are on the rise, but they´ve still to prove that there´s a new era comparewable to the days of Herrera et al. But they´re all pretty young, so time is on their side. They just have to avoid the approach Rujano has chosen, whatever approach this was and still is - Rujano has been a mystery ever since his 2005 Giro.
what? both weight and engine advantages are for quintana. just remember lombardia last year? costa ahs yet to show anything in a big classic and p-n is decided in the climbs, not the flat, so again quintana in advantage. what can stop quintana is a crash or echelons

Ryo Hazuki said:
because valverde always starts with number 1 in all their races, the others don't with the exception of cobo last year because he defended vuelta win

Look at every other team on that list as well as movistar.

Lulu, voeckler, wiggins, rein, schleck, gerrans, cunego, hushovd, kittel, martin peraud.

Coincidence that they all got the number 1 for their team?

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
The question is: Is Rui Costa better climber than Quintana? I dont remember Rui Costa climbing at Contador or Purito level. Nairo did it in the past Vuelta. In Lagos de Covadonga he was up there instead of attacked twice in the foot of the climb and worked hard for Valverde. In Cuitu Negru he did it again. Even dropping Valverde in the final kilometres of the ascent. Then he crashed and couldnt stay with the GC guys in the Bola del Mundo day. But in the stages i have mentioned he had the legs of Contador, Purito or Valverde which is awesome with only 22 years. If this is not enough the 2013 Quintana should be better than the guy of the past season. That's progression. I cant understand why some people put the portuguese guy above Nairo. There is a flat ITT in the route and i havent seen it yet? In which terrain will Rui Costa take time to Quintana?

TRENDING THREADS