2013 Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey (2.HC) 21st - 28th April

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 8, 2009
Meryem Ana Climb

2013:6,0 km@6,9%---14:22---average speed 25.06 km/h(Mustafa Sayar)

quite the speed if the slope i got is correct.good level for tour of turkey
went at one point very fast but he tired on the last km

also bow down to seker spor tactic: sayar could probably drop them all in gogubeli already but he didn't want his team to take the race on their shoulders so early. very good decision.

May 18, 2010
Is it just me, or is Sayars cadence very low for that kind of effort? People who go like that usually drop dead after 500m.

Sep 8, 2009
Shardi said:
Is it just me, or is Sayars cadence very low for that kind of effort? People who go like that usually drop dead after 500m.
absolutely. it was a monster gear... around 60 rpm? must be a lot of watts wasted i guess

Mar 31, 2010
Shardi said:
the way sayar rides he'll have a very short career. almost no one can hold heavy gears for long(only monsters like gonchar and botero). it ruined careers of weening, fothen, ignatiev en many others at young age

May 9, 2012
I was not often in my life so angry about a result of someone else. And I see many people around me feeling the same.

Sep 8, 2010
Ryo Hazuki said:
the way sayar rides he'll have a very short career. almost no one can hold heavy gears for long(only monsters like gonchar and botero). it ruined careers of weening, fothen, ignatiev en many others at young age
Pretty much all riders, that were trained by Alexander Kuznetsov, too.

Mar 31, 2010
Lupetto said:
Pretty much all riders, that were trained by Alexander Kuznetsov, too.
yes this is 100% true. see once big talents like karpets. ignatiev comes form that school too

This is a decent race that should grow, the cmaera work is decent, think it just needs that one more short uphill finish to meet about with the gc. Surely cavendish would been better racing this than fighting it out in ROmandie.

ASK THE COMMUNITY