2013 Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey (2.HC) 21st - 28th April

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thats my thinking surely he wanting get involved in some sprints rather than trying to fight over hills in bad weather in romandie.

Tour is more his goal by looks of things anyway. His climbing has been poor enough this year that he might well miss a time limit in giros hard day.
 
manafana said:
This is a decent race that should grow, the cmaera work is decent, think it just needs that one more short uphill finish to meet about with the gc. Surely cavendish would been better racing this than fighting it out in ROmandie.
Presentation is superb. Needs a bit more work on the balance to try to draw a better GC field, and maybe an ITT. A couple of the stages are into places where they could easily beef up the run-in.
 
Libertine Seguros said:
Presentation is superb. Needs a bit more work on the balance to try to draw a better GC field, and maybe an ITT. A couple of the stages are into places where they could easily beef up the run-in.
Yeah its all very nice, along with Oman I think both races with a future, but turkey is one id prefer due to questions over how Oman is run etc and not getting live pictures this year.

Not sure about an ITT I like that we dont have race decided by a tt, prehaps a short one around some of most scenic part of the city to sell the country.

Really thats got be cycling aim sell itself as a tourism tool, like Azerbaijan have got into now despite barely having any cycling presence.

Still hope UCI uses these races to help prop up some of our classic races with history in spain and italy struggling at the moment. Also hope this winner turns out to be the real deal.
 
manafana said:
Yeah its all very nice, along with Oman I think both races with a future, but turkey is one id prefer due to questions over how Oman is run etc and not getting live pictures this year.

Not sure about an ITT I like that we dont have race decided by a tt, prehaps a short one around some of most scenic part of the city to sell the country.

Really thats got be cycling aim sell itself as a tourism tool, like Azerbaijan have got into now despite barely having any cycling presence.

Still hope UCI uses these races to help prop up some of our classic races with history in spain and italy struggling at the moment. Also hope this winner turns out to be the real deal.
I completely agree with this. That's what cycling needs.
 
manafana said:
Thats my thinking surely he wanting get involved in some sprints rather than trying to fight over hills in bad weather in romandie.

Tour is more his goal by looks of things anyway. His climbing has been poor enough this year that he might well miss a time limit in giros hard day.
Cav doesn't care about winning "**** small races". Btw, his climbing's been's pretty good this year (over hills at least).
 
Libertine Seguros said:
What was wrong with the cool İstanbul circuit from 2009, when Finetto won? That had a cool little tricky run-in and meant that we got some interesting racing in the last couple of kilometres. This was just the worst kind of nothing stage.
End of tour processional and another Turkish winner.
 
manafana said:
Really thats got be cycling aim sell itself as a tourism tool, like Azerbaijan have got into now despite barely having any cycling presence.
What's the story with the Tour of Azerbaijan? I'd not heard of it before I started seeing it advertised on Eurosport a few months back, and I notice both Eurosport and cycling.tv are showing daily highlights? It's a .2 race!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY