• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 1: Prospect -> Lobethal, 135km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe i am reading too much into this but does anyone else think Ponzi's eagerness to collect the bonus seconds was to help out Iglinsky in the GC by reducing bonuses for rivals?

Cant imagine he thought he could win the stage but also suprising Ignlinsky is targeting GC so seriously.

elsandero said:
Maybe i am reading too much into this but does anyone else think Ponzi's eagerness to collect the bonus seconds was to help out Iglinsky in the GC by reducing bonuses for rivals?

Cant imagine he thought he could win the stage but also suprising Ignlinsky is targeting GC so seriously.

Could be, but if Ponzi has the form he can ride a decent GC himself aswell.

elsandero said:

Ponzi is a decent hill climber himself, you know.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
105 Andy SCHLECK LUX RLT +1:19 hihihihi

LaFlorecita said:
Lol that made me chuckle :D

theyoungest said:
His reaction was even better. Afraid in the descent, not used anymore to riding in the peloton.

Not used to it? His last race was just 3 months ago!

LaFlorecita said:
lol that's hilarious :eek::rolleyes::D

You call it hilarious ... I call it a disgrace for cycling!!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't able to watch or follow yesterday's stage, but it sure is nice to be talking about actual bike racing and not off-bike drama for a change. Bring on the Classics (and a healthy Boonen!)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
eleven said:
I wasn't able to watch or follow yesterday's stage, but it sure is nice to be talking about actual bike racing and not off-bike drama for a change. Bring on the Classics (and a healthy Boonen!)

Amen, I remember thinking as I was watching the stage, when the peloton was just taking it easy, letting Kerby hang off the front; that normally I would complain about this type of racing. But I was just glad that there actually was racing once again. :)

Afrank said:
Amen, I remember thinking as I was watching the stage, when the peloton was just taking it easy, letting Kerby hang off the front; that normally I would complain about this type of racing. But I was just glad that there actually was racing once again. :)

Greipel loves the piano style riding on these types of flat stages. If it continues the Gorilla will pick up 3 stage wins. Rumble in the outback.

TRENDING THREADS