• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 3: Unley -> Stirling , 139km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Some guy on BMC (not Gilbert) was on Slagter's wheel when he attacked and had no response, left a huge gap for everyone else.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
1. Slagter
2. Goss
3. Gilbert
4. Thomas
5. Visconti
6. Moreno
7. Ponzi
8. Pietropolli
9. Santaromita
10. Izagirre

Another exciting finish, this race seems to just keep getting better each year. A shame Machado didn't survive. But a great win by Slagter. And Goss seems to be showing much better form.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
They actually have an AGR contender in him, instead of sending Gesink pretending he will get a result.

Exactly.

Van den Broeck, though not really doing that much worse than Gesink in the Ardennes, now realized that they are not suited 100% to him. I think Gesink will come to that point, too.

Slagter and Martens will be Blanco´s cards to play in Amstel.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
And Mollema. Forgot about him as well.

Anyways, I think none of all them we´ve mentioned has the characteristics of an Erik Dekker; they are rather GC hopefuls. Maybe Blanco (or how they are called after 2013) will have to sign Kreder (the one who won two stages in Tour Med last year) one day, provided he continues to develop as Vaughters is predicting.

RHRH19861986 said:
Anyways, I think none of all them we´ve mentioned has the characteristics of an Erik Dekker; they are rather GC hopefuls. Maybe Blanco (or how they are called after 2013) will have to sign Kreder (the one who won two stages in Tour Med last year) one day, provided he continues to develop as Vaughters is predicting.
Michel Kreder has never been anywhere near the front of a biggish race. He doesn't have the engine.

TRENDING THREADS