• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maltiv said:
Lol that's not what I said at all, I just said it could turn out to be a good idea given the conditions. It was more of a general remark on how bad the weather was, nothing else...

In general I think the idea of riding an altitude camp just ahead of M-SR instead of racing sounds pretty ***.

Doesn't sound so *** if they choose to race PN and TA to win them...

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
maltiv said:
In general I think the idea of riding an altitude camp just ahead of M-SR instead of racing sounds pretty ***.

That´s right, was curious about that, too. Normally the benefits from a high altitude camp take at least 10-14 days. In the first days after the camp, you might feel weak and tired. That´s why TdF camps are held in May, with two weeks to go to Dauphine or TdS.

maltiv said:
Lol that's not what I said at all, I just said it could turn out to be a good idea given the conditions. It was more of a general remark on how bad the weather was, nothing else...

How else are they going to perform on the Poggio (200m above sea level)?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
Anyone know what Jelle Vanendert is doing before an Ardennes assault???

“After Mallorca the Ruta del Sol is on my programme, which perfectly matches this four days. There it might be possible to pick out a stage or keep more of an eye on the GC. At the beginning of March the Tirreno-Adriatico follows, and after that I go training for two weeks in the Sierra Nevada. Then I will ride the Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco where I will finalize my preparation for the Ardennes classics”, the Belgian said.

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/jelle_vanendert_opens_season_in_mallorca/

May 28, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:
Gesink will head to Tenerife to prepare Romandie and Giro
(no Ardennes for him?)

Robert Gesink http://www.twitter.com/RGUpdate

Tomorrow I'll fly to Tenerife with the family, a few days rest before the altitude training camp at 'El Teide' preparing Romandie and Giro!

He's learned from Sky it generally works well to go there. (except for EBH though)

He won't do the classics, only Romandie until the Giro.

Tour de Pologne route:

Stage 1 (Italy):
6eb6ab115063841bfa125e487b84a399.jpg

Stage 2 (Italy):
32fd660dd26d07b75343b3653fe4025f.jpg

Stage 3 (Poland):
57d37b346e7a3e2a12062346bd141664.jpg

Stage 4:
3896db8502b472768b5622bb959886a5.jpg

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
As much as I don't like the two stages in Italy ( it's Tour de Pologne ffs ) the route is one of the most well balanced stage races this year I think.

I expect most excitements actually on the two last hilly stages before the TT actually, they always have been proven to be great.

Should be a great race though.