• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Duartista said:
His first race will be Catalunya. He is busy setting up a regional team in Venezuela at the moment, it seems.

Thanks! I'd rather see him racing some more, but alas, as long as he gets into the Giro in a good shape I'm content.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Chris Horner annouces a few day ago a schedule much the same as last year.

Schedule looks like Tirreno, Catalunya, Pais Vasco and then back for @AmgenTourofCali in May. Looking forward to getting the season started!

Althought he's mention nothing about the Ardennes Classics. (He rode them all last year still sick from mid Pias Vasco) I think he would prefer to do just Amstel alone and then return the Cali. The Cali organization there must have been listening to whiners like me and has improved itself with three uphill finishes!

The Cali should really be his ultimate goal I would think, but he will always contest a race given the chance. Maybe limiting his expectation would be wiser because the Cali could be a win for him in a likely last season despite what he is saying.

His name has not been mentioned as a favourite at TA and even with a similar Cancellera led squad (prepping for MSR) this year's field has more depth, still a top is 10 ten is likely if he's the protected rider. And Pais Vasco? The oldster can do well if he remains healthy, but the Cali is his only likely possible win.

Another grand tour? Maybe.

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
Chris Horner annouces a few day ago a schedule much the same as last year.

Schedule looks like Tirreno, Catalunya, Pais Vasco and then back for @AmgenTourofCali in May. Looking forward to getting the season started!

Althought he's mention nothing about the Ardennes Classics. (He rode them all last year still sick from mid Pias Vasco) I think he would prefer to do just Amstel alone and then return the Cali. The Cali organization there must have been listening to whiners like me and has improved itself with three uphill finishes!

The Cali should really be his ultimate goal I would think, but he will always contest a race given the chance. Maybe limiting his expectation would be wiser because the Cali could be a win for him in a likely last season despite what he is saying.

His name has not been mentioned as a favourite at TA and even with a similar Cancellera led squad (prepping for MSR) this year's field has more depth, still a top is 10 ten is likely if he's the protected rider. And Pais Vasco? The oldster can do well if he remains healthy, but the Cali is his only likely possible win.

Another grand tour? Maybe.

He should ride the Vuelta because of all the uphill finishes. If RSLT was smart they would send Andy and Frank there, plus Horner, and they could probably win the overal. I have doubts that Andy will be ready to compete for the win at the Tour so he should do the Vuelta with his brother and Horner, and RSLT would have 3 really strong guys to choose as a leader once they hit the mountains.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Unkown said:
He should ride the Vuelta because of all the uphill finishes. If RSLT was smart they would send Andy and Frank there, plus Horner, and they could probably win the overal. I have doubts that Andy will be ready to compete for the win at the Tour so he should do the Vuelta with his brother and Horner, and RSLT would have 3 really strong guys to choose as a leader once they hit the mountains.

I have doubts they can ever race cohesively as a winning Grand Tour Team, but I have always said Horner could do well as a stage hunter in the Vuelta, buth RSLT seem to be overall team title go-getters..which is not exactly stellar. His age is becoming a factor despite what he says. I think he can still ride well and this Cali has many of the same elements that allowed him to win the race in 2011. The opening stages are on his home roads. That will be his focus short term I am almost certain.

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
I have doubts they can ever race cohesively as a winning Grand Tour Team, but I have always said Horner could do well as a stage hunter in the Vuelta, buth RSLT seem to be overall team title go-getters..which is not exactly stellar. His age is becoming a factor despite what he says. I think he can still ride well and this Cali has many of the same elements that allowed him to win the race in 2011. The opening stages are on his home roads. That will be his focus short term I am almost certain.

Yes, Cali should be his biggest goal of the season, and I am sure it is in his mind too. I wonder if he has big ambitions for the Tour, sure he would love to go if he could. Hard for me to se RSLT taking him though will all the young talent they have coming up.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Unkown said:
Yes, Cali should be his biggest goal of the season, and I am sure it is in his mind too. I wonder if he has big ambitions for the Tour, sure he would love to go if he could. Hard for me to se RSLT taking him though will all the young talent they have coming up.

Spot on.

Also, the Vuelta is out of the limelight, which is better in the current climate in the US, but I wonder if he knows that.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
Romandie would be a departure from the Ardennes, but makes sense. I had not heard anything beyond Vasco. Where did you hear the rest?

His website. He just updated the calendar
actually I'm expecting him a re-try at Ardennes

The 3rd stage of Giro Del Trentino will finish at Condino. It will be a medium mountain stage.
So the route is complete.
April 16th: a) Lienz-Lienz ??? kms; b) Lienz TTT 15 kms
April 17th: Sillian - VetrioloTerme MTF 220 kms
April 18th: Pergine Valsugana - Condino 170 kms
April 19th: Arco - Sega di Ala MTF ??? kms

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
As it seems, the Sky guys have horrible weather on Teide.

Would´ve been better to stay for Tirreno or P-N, but who could´ve known.

ahahahaha. oh the iorny, of what maltiv said yesterday.... :eek:

Anyone got profiles for Catalunya? I can only see the time schedules. Seems weird to have two king MTFs and no TT but I guess Catalunya is the opposite of ENECO in that regard. I do like the 8 short laps of Montjuic on the final day though.

RHRH19861986 said:
As it seems, the Sky guys have horrible weather on Teide.

Would´ve been better to stay for Tirreno or P-N, but who could´ve known.
Geraint Thomas tweeted this photo yesterday. Doesn't look that bad to me.

BEvrDcFCUAASfjo.jpg:large

Ryo Hazuki said:
that it was a great ide aby sky to let the classics quad train on camp, instead of tirreno where it rains :eek:
Lol that's not what I said at all, I just said it could turn out to be a good idea given the conditions. It was more of a general remark on how bad the weather was, nothing else...

In general I think the idea of riding an altitude camp just ahead of M-SR instead of racing sounds pretty ***.

TRENDING THREADS