• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SafeBet said:
Nibali has proven to be a very good ITTer on shorter courses, probably better than the post-ban Alberto and knows this race very well.
It might be closer than you think.

Don't know about Froome. Has he ever performed at a reasonable level in march?

what short tts has Alberto ridden post-ban.... 1 in Eneco tour and one in San Luis and both were much longer than 9 km. The best distance for Alberto in a tt is less than 10 km, so I expect him to do well.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Nibali has proven to be a very good ITTer on shorter courses, probably better than the post-ban Alberto and knows this race very well.
It might be closer than you think.

Don't know about Froome. Has he ever performed at a reasonable level in march?

:eek::eek:

You gotta be kidding right?

Don't you tell me you based yourself on san luis? :eek:

Miburo said:
That might happen, depends on sky's team. I hope it's not more than 25 sec though.

I just don't get it why you're putting a TTT in a week stage race :eek:

And 17 km is pretty damn long knowing it's only a 1 week race.

last year

4 Team Sky + 00:23
5 Team Astana + 00:30
6 Saxo Bank + 00:38

191 CAVENDISH Mark GBR
192 BOASSON HAGEN Edvald NOR
193 EISEL Bernhard AUT
194 HUNT Jeremy GBR
195 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
196 LÖVKVIST Thomas SWE
197 STANNARD Ian GBR
198 SUTTON Christopher AUS
vs

201 TANNER David AUS
202 MAJKA Rafal POL
203 CHRISTENSEN Mads DEN
204 BOARO Manuele ITA
205 SÖRENSEN Nicki DEN
206 PAULINHO Sergio Miguel Moreira POR
207 PIRES Bruno POR
208 TOSATTO Matteo ITA

Sky will probably have a better team but so will saxo.

LaFlorecita said:
what short tts has Alberto ridden post-ban.... 1 in Eneco tour and one in San Luis and both were much longer than 9 km. The best distance for Alberto in a tt is less than 10 km, so I expect him to do well.

Which is actually a very good distance for Nibs as well.
What has Contador shown so far to prove he's still the same TTer he was before ban?
And where did I say he won't do well?

Miburo said:
Don't you tell me you based yourself on san luis? :eek:
On everything I've seen from Contador after he came back.
Nibbles being on the same level, or slightly better, than Contador, on a short ITT seems likely.

SafeBet said:
What has Contador shown so far to prove he's still the same TTer he was before ban?

And why should he not be? He's been a tter since his first days as a pro. Why should a six month ban change that? Off-season is six months too, for Alberto. After every off-season he loses some of his tt skills?

Nibbles being on the same level, or slightly better, than Contador, on a short ITT seems likely.

No it doesn't since Alberto has always been better.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:

Once again, on what? I'm sure you're smart enough to not base yourself on san luis.

On the vuelta ITT where he only was second? And was first in the first time check on the first 10 flat km? Cause that's your argument, short TT's.

Oh yeah the eneco tour where he only was 6th (or 7th) after his return, yeah ok :eek:

SafeBet said:
Parasites from bilharzia normally stay in your body after the treatment, so it's normal to experience the disease ciclically.
That said, what are his doctors doing? Everybody knows this disease must be periodically monitored. He should have been treated weeks before this whole thing could affect his training.

Frrome with those pesky worms. He will be ready.

just praying that majka won't crash in front of him again....obvious winner we'll then.

if not the abruzzo wonder, then i'd go with alberto. froomey's bilharzia is not something to worry about,but the other way around. if he won't have again other problems(lungs last year i think?) and the staff will give him the green light to go full-gas he might demolish everyone.

anyway, the route is good.hope the weather will be fine. and can't wait for this

Froome is highly motivated to win T-A. Hell, he already wants to stick it to Contador in Oman. Or at least, he seemed to imply as much in a very recent interview he did. I may have misread that, though. Either way, I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I don't believe most of that Bilharzia talk, anyway.

T-A will be the first really interesting race of the year.

Contador, Froome, Nibali...

Will Evans be able to get some decent level again or might it if Evans doesn't do anything at all, already be an indication for the TDF : TJVG as leader?

TRENDING THREADS