• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Winterfold said:
9 km isn't it?

london12-track1-AJ-Kennaugh-3.jpg

but I would still go with Saxo - Rogers switching to Saxo will have a huge impact on the Tour and any other Froome vs Contador stage races this year IMO

17K I think.

Froome19 said:
You would be surprised as to how much a well drilled squad matters when racing a TTT. Rather than the actual squad. See BMC in the 2011 Tour. Of course the talent of the squad matters but not as much as you would think. Froome, Knees, Kennaugh and Cataldo is good enough to be a match for Rogers, Boaro, Bennati and Contador. Saxo probably just eek it out, but if that was all there was to TTT then it would be a boring affair.

Froome?=?Contador
Bennati>Kennaugh
Boaro>Knees
Rogers>Cataldo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately no team rosters yet, but I think Froome looks primed early for this race. He seems highly motivated to make his a big mark. Again a much better field that last year and outshines PN this?

I am looking forward to it.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Forunculo said:
http://politiken.dk/sport/cykling/ECE1904026/riis-giver-contador-et-tour-forspring/

Saxo eight

Contador, Jesús Hernández, Bennati, Boaro, Tosatto, Majka, Rogers and Sergio Paulinho

That's a pretty strong team. If paulinho gets close to his vuelta shape i'll be happy ;)

I wonder how majka and rogers are in terms of shape. Hernandez has shown this year already that he's in really good shape.

Is Bennati allowed to do the sprints? I don't know, it's not that he's gonna win it anyways. Maybe top 3 if he's lucky. Stage 3 might be something for him.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
TTT is not about math anyway, is it? Over the years we've seen examples of teams that looked just average on paper delivering good results.

Movistar in the vuelta last year is a good example.

The length of the TTT must have some effect, if you have 8 guys of 17k then they only have to pull just over 2k on the front each, (obvioulsy some will pull less than others), so an ITT over 50k has little reflection on it, more like short prologue times.

Lots of riders who are useless over a longer TT have good prologue Palmares, I am waffling now, but I think who wins the TTT is hard to predict, but I doubt massive gaps will be created from it, it will have more effect on small differences between Contador/Froome and Nibali than suddenly jumbing T Martin minutes clear

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Vs...

Dario Cataldo, Joe Dombrowski, Chris Froome, Sergio Henao, Peter Kennaugh, Christian Knees, Salvatore Puccio, Rigoberto Urán

Pretty even to be honest for the TTT, doubt there'll be more than 10-15 seconds either way.
The result of the Tirreno ITT last year:

1. [SUI] CANCELLARA Fabian RNT 10'36" 40
2. [ITA] BENNATI Daniele RNT 12" 25
3. [AUS] MEYER Cameron OGE 16" 15
4. [CAN] TUFT Svein OGE 16" 10
5. [ITA] BOARO Manuele STB 16" 5

Two of these guys are in Saxo's squad, plus Rogers and Contador... that's definitely a stronger team than Sky.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I give Saxo the edge for the TTT. Sky could have used a few more TT or flat land domestique types, rather than so many climbers.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
I give Saxo the edge for the TTT. Sky could have used a few more TT or flat land domestique types, rather than so many climbers.

They're gonna need those climbers ;) I think it's a smart choice.

But Saxo's team is on par with that team. Don't underestimate hernandez, this dude is not just alberto's training partner. Oman proved that once again

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
So Cataldo, Henao and Uran

Vs. Rogers, Hernandez and Majka.

Which one is better?

Hard to tell, it depends on shape obviously. I'll give the advantage to sky but it's very close. Well we'll see :D

TRENDING THREADS