• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France Stage 1: Porto Vecchio -> Bastia, 213km (29/06/13)

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Stage 1?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
The big question, which I think we all want to know, is which greenedge bus was it? :eek:

Quote:
GreenEDGE has two buses. The riders refer to one as the “good bus” and the other one is apparently not as desirable. The first bus is new (as of last year) and the second bus came from Rabobank.

:D

Looks like it was the lucky Rabobus today:

We’ve had this bus since we started the team, and it’s the same bus we took to the Tour last year."

Source

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Mollema says he is ok, he said he had way too much speed and already knew he couldn't brake in time so he tried to go past them and ran into a lampre rider. He says he only has a few minor wounds but doesn't feel really hurt. His bike is ruined though :D

I think I understand why Giant wants to leave... Belkin/Blanco/Rabo keep breaking their bikes :eek:

When I saw the crash I spotted the Belkin rider and was like please escape the crash, please escape the lamppost, and then BOOM. I knew the second he crashed that it was Mollema :(

Hope he doesn't feel any consequences.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Gubby Allen said:
Martin is a broken collarbone and out according to ITV

This tweet is 2 mins old:

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 1m
Tony Martin is NOT out yet. OPQS report decision will be taken tomorrow morning. Nothing broken but many injuries. #tdf

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 46s
Nothing broken for Tony Martin but: "He has a concussion & a contusion on his left lung. Plus a very deep wound 5cm wide on his left elbow".

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
official OPQS Martin update:

"Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team rider Tony Martin crashed during the final kilometers of Tour de France Stage 1 on Saturday. He finished the race, but after the finish he was transported to the General Hospital of Bastia, where he passed a few examinations. The CT scan excluded fractures.

However, he has a concussion and a contusion on his left lung. He also has soft tissue damages on his hip, chest, left knee and shoulder, and also on his back. Furthermore, he has a very deep wound 5cm wide on his left elbow that reaches his muscles, which causes a lot of pain and a problem moving his arm. Tony Martin will join the rest of the team tonight after today's examinations. Any decision on his participation at the second stage of the Tour de France will be taken after considering how the clinical situation evolves during the night.

OPQS would like to thank the medical service of the Tour de France, as well as the medical staff of the hospital in Bastia for their help and support."

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Dutchsmurf said:
The question remains why you are posting a 'big grin' smiley after saying Contador looked hurt. Not sure if that is the impression you want to give, but you sure make it look like you are happy that he crashed. There is also a world of difference between "rolling over the line in agony" and "being fine". Any cyclist can tell you that even a small bruise can make a huge difference on your performance.

That's me done from now on I will just say it in a meaner way are you for real the smiley came after I said he rolled over the line and looked at his shoulder. PATHETIC

And maybe Flo is right it was a grimace, I think people are misunderstanding me when I thought he was smiling(not as he rolled over the line). Im on about 2 kms rouhly from the finish, Ligget said everyone get same time and that's when I thought he was "smiling", "Grimacing" etc.

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Tony Martin Update

Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team rider Tony Martin crashed during the final kilometers of Tour de France Stage 1 on Saturday. He finished the race, but after the finish he was transported to the General Hospital of Bastia, where he passed a few examinations. The CT scan excluded fractures.

However, he has a concussion and a contusion on his left lung. He also has soft tissue damages on his hip, chest, left knee and shoulder, and also on his back. Furthermore, he has a very deep wound 5cm wide on his left elbow that reaches his muscles, which causes a lot of pain and a problem moving his arm. Tony Martin will join the rest of the team tonight after today's examinations. Any decision on his participation at the second stage of the Tour de France will be taken after considering how the clinical situation evolves during the night.

OPQS would like to thank the medical service of the Tour de France, as well as the medical staff of the hospital in Bastia for their help and support

http://www.omegapharma-quickstep.com/en/news/show/injury-update-tony-martin/1297

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Apparently Froome managed to fall in the neutralization :eek::D

I was like wtf at the time lol, and don't put a smily after your sentence as Dutchsmurf interprets as wising a rider to crash, he did with me.

TRENDING THREADS