• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France Stage 1: Porto Vecchio -> Bastia, 213km (29/06/13)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Stage 1?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dutchsmurf said:
No I didn't. There is a difference between laughing about a non serious fall before the Tour even officially started and laughing about a potential serious crash. I was just telling you that your way of posting to me suggested that you found Contador's injuries amusing. It is just your use of smilies really. Smilies to me are a way to indicate the meaning of a post when the words itself aren't clear. By using the smiley you use, you indicate you intend what you posted as a joke or it being funny. So I'm mostly wondering if you mean it like that. And if not, why you keep adding that smiley at strange places.

Make your own judgement...
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=1275170#post1275170

Dutchsmurf said:
The question remains why you are posting a 'big grin' smiley after saying Contador looked hurt. Not sure if that is the impression you want to give, but you sure make it look like you are happy that he crashed. There is also a world of difference between "rolling over the line in agony" and "being fine". Any cyclist can tell you that even a small bruise can make a huge difference on your performance.

Big grin smiley at a crash is seriously uncalled for, but at least it wasn't a LOL...
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1275338&postcount=104

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yes so TANK91, do you take your comments back?

When you don't agree ever with what I wrote. Like I said a few posts back if you look I agree with you now, its a grimace like I said it was not when he crossed the line, im on about on the run in with Saxo surrounding him I thought he was smiling and he did not look uncomfortable, so yes sure if he is hurt I take it back but I genuinely thought he was fine. Is that reasonable? He did not look hurt that's all I think, what is wrong with that. Anyway it does my heading im always lambasted on here for saying an opinion and I better choose my words carefully as mods will just ban me for my opinion.

wwabbit said:
Big grin smiley at a crash is seriously uncalled for, but at least it wasn't a LOL...
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1275338&postcount=104

Oh come on you're not stupid are you? I lolled at Waterloo Sunrise's post, because I thought he was joking. Then I found out he actually had a problem (was reported as a mechanical, that's why I called it a problem in a reply to my own post) and in that reply I lolled at myself thinking it was a joke.

And of course there is a difference between someone having a silly crash and a hard crash. I didn't see the crash so wouldn't laugh at it, but when I see a silly crash, someone just falling of their bike for no reason, and the rider isn't injured, yes I would laugh. But in this case I didn't although I did think it was kinda funny it was Froome going down (because people say all the time - he's going to crash at some point because he's looking at his power meter all the time) :p

TANK91 said:
When you don't agree ever with what I wrote. Like I said a few posts back if you look I agree with you now, its a grimace like I said it was not when he crossed the line, im on about on the run in with Saxo surrounding him I thought he was smiling and he did not look uncomfortable, so yes sure if he is hurt I take it back but I genuinely thought he was fine. Is that reasonable? He did not look hurt that's all I think, what is wrong with that. Anyway it does my heading im always lambasted on here for saying an opinion and I better choose my words carefully as mods will just ban me for my opinion.

I think I missed the post you're talking about. Anyway to me and many others he seemed in pain which is logical because he crashed pretty hard.

To be honest, that was pretty much what was expected for this stage, the Orica bus and switching the finish line just made whole thing worse

Carols said:

I hope that this dude will crash at 50 km/h somewhere and break a few bones, I will be definitely there to LMAO next to him
People like this really shouldnt allowed to talk at all

Edit:
VhqAWE6.jpg

Who is this guy? He's simply a hero in this whole carnage

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I think I missed the post you're talking about. Anyway to me and many others he seemed in pain which is logical because he crashed pretty hard.

Yeh I hope he is ok(being genuine) as the Tour will be over.

Carols said:
I don't know. I was praying it was Bertie, but it wasn't...

He almost fell when a Cofidis rider crashes in front of him, then he somewhat fixes his position thanks to that Cofidis rider's flying bike, then a Sky rider(Thomas?) and his bike crashes on him, then he rides into that carnage zone and he's still on his bike :eek:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I have no strong feelings about Kittel either way but I must say I am happy to see a new face in the yellow jersey, a young up-and-comer winning the first stage is a pretty great story! But of course best wishes also to all those who crashed and couldn't compete the sprint.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
Everyone can make their own judgments about your use of ':D'.

Wow its clearly a coincidence that I wrote a big grin smily, if you look it was at the end of the Paragraph. I usually put the smilys after writing something because you lot interpret it as wrong, so I write that so it makes what I say not sound bad, as I have ad a lot of arguments over my pronounciation of words etc. But please id understand if I said that after today but I said it before the TDF. Contador's going down he's going dow, means he will get beat by Froome not going down hitting the floor, you seen what I wrote please Cycling gods no crashes. Anyway ill put you on ignore now for linking something that I said which was perfectly fine, even look in the discussion after, im sure it would have touched a nerve if someone thought it was bad, have a good day.

TRENDING THREADS